EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has bought writer Jonathan Stokes’ spec script Murders & Acquisitions for a low six figures. The purchase marks the first acquisition by Warners for producers Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg’s KatzSmith Productions, which recently closed an overall deal with the studio. The action comedy is about a Wall Street stock broker who becomes the target of a hit from a rival firm. Stokes last wrote the screenplay El Gringo, starring Christian Slater, which was just produced by Joel Silver’s genre label Dark Castle Entertainment and After Dark Films. Stokes’ latest spec, Blood Mountain, is currently making the rounds. He is repped by UTA and Energy Entertainment.
Warner Bros Buys Spec 'Murders & Acquisitions' For KatzSmith Productions
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest