EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has bought writer Jonathan Stokes’ spec script Murders & Acquisitions for a low six figures. The purchase marks the first acquisition by Warners for producers Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg’s KatzSmith Productions, which recently closed an overall deal with the studio. The action comedy is about a Wall Street stock broker who becomes the target of a hit from a rival firm. Stokes last wrote the screenplay El Gringo, starring Christian Slater, which was just produced by Joel Silver’s genre label Dark Castle Entertainment and After Dark Films. Stokes’ latest spec, Blood Mountain, is currently making the rounds. He is repped by UTA and Energy Entertainment.
Warner Bros Buys Spec 'Murders & Acquisitions' For KatzSmith Productions
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’