EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has bought writer Jonathan Stokes’ spec script Murders & Acquisitions for a low six figures. The purchase marks the first acquisition by Warners for producers Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg’s KatzSmith Productions, which recently closed an overall deal with the studio. The action comedy is about a Wall Street stock broker who becomes the target of a hit from a rival firm. Stokes last wrote the screenplay El Gringo, starring Christian Slater, which was just produced by Joel Silver’s genre label Dark Castle Entertainment and After Dark Films. Stokes’ latest spec, Blood Mountain, is currently making the rounds. He is repped by UTA and Energy Entertainment.
Warner Bros Buys Spec 'Murders & Acquisitions' For KatzSmith Productions
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur