Jim Watters, the longtime President and General Manager of Universal City Studios and Universal Studios Operations, has announced that he will be retiring at year’s end. He has been with the studio for more than 35 years and has reported to Ron Meyer for the past 15. Meyer tried to get him to stay, and persuaded Watters to stay on as a consultant for a few years. He just announced, so no movement yet to fill the post.
Universal President Of Operations Jim Watters Retiring At Year's End
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast