Jim Watters, the longtime President and General Manager of Universal City Studios and Universal Studios Operations, has announced that he will be retiring at year’s end. He has been with the studio for more than 35 years and has reported to Ron Meyer for the past 15. Meyer tried to get him to stay, and persuaded Watters to stay on as a consultant for a few years. He just announced, so no movement yet to fill the post.
Universal President Of Operations Jim Watters Retiring At Year's End
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Producer Marc Platt On Oscars Diversity, ‘Bridge Of Spies’ & Making ‘Grease’ Live
- Feds Probing ‘Wolf Of Wall Street’ Producer Red Granite’s Money Relationships
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s…
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center