Starz today released a trailer for its new drama series Boss. It stars Kelsey Grammer as the ruthless mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Observers describe the show as the former Frasier star’s Bryan Cranston/Michael Chiklis moment, a reference to Grammer’s transition from playing a lovable sitcom leading man to portraying a flawed hero on a dark cable series similar to the leap Cranston and Chiklis took with their Emmy-winning roles on Breaking Bad and The Shield, respectively.
TV TEASER: Starz's New Drama 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest TV News
- Lantern’s Bid For The Weinstein Co. Is $310M In Cash, $450M Including Fees And Assumption Of Liabilities
- Emily Lu Aldrich Joins Shelter PR As It Ramps Up New Film And TV Division
- ‘Camping’: Ione Skye Joins HBO Comedy Series From Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner
- ABC’s ‘World News Tonight’ Takes Total Viewers And News Demo For Second Straight Week
- Olivia De Havilland’s Feud With FX Moves To California Court Of Appeal
- ‘Preacher’: Adam Croasdell & Prema Cruz Set To Recur On AMC Drama Series