Starz today released a trailer for its new drama series Boss. It stars Kelsey Grammer as the ruthless mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Observers describe the show as the former Frasier star’s Bryan Cranston/Michael Chiklis moment, a reference to Grammer’s transition from playing a lovable sitcom leading man to portraying a flawed hero on a dark cable series similar to the leap Cranston and Chiklis took with their Emmy-winning roles on Breaking Bad and The Shield, respectively.
TV TEASER: Starz's New Drama 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Dates 'Fifty Shades' Sequels, 'Furious 8'; 'Pacific Rim 2', 'Mummy' Moved Back -- CinemaCon Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Happyish’ Review: Showtime’s Dark Comedy Is Just Sad
- Bruce Jenner Interview: ABC News Launches Conversation Tonight
- Frank Langella To Return To ‘The Americans’ For Season 4
- Whipclip Adds Pop with Daytime Emmys, ‘Schitt’s Creek,’ 4 More Series
- Eric Idle: “We’re Funnier Than Scientology” – Monty Python Invades Tribeca Film Fest
- Another CAA Agent Defects To UTA, Bringing Total Up To 12