Starz today released a trailer for its new drama series Boss. It stars Kelsey Grammer as the ruthless mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Observers describe the show as the former Frasier star’s Bryan Cranston/Michael Chiklis moment, a reference to Grammer’s transition from playing a lovable sitcom leading man to portraying a flawed hero on a dark cable series similar to the leap Cranston and Chiklis took with their Emmy-winning roles on Breaking Bad and The Shield, respectively.
TV TEASER: Starz's New Drama 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Latest TV News
- ‘American Girl’: ‘Black-ish’s Marsai Martin To Star In Amazon’s Special Set During The Civil…
- Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
- BBC’s ‘Great British Bake Off’ Cooks Up Launch Record; Beats Rio Olympics
- ITV Withdraws Proposal To Acquire eOne
- Hollywood Rallies In Support Of Leslie Jones Following Hack
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Bob Odenkirk Penning Comedic Memoir