Starz today released a trailer for its new drama series Boss. It stars Kelsey Grammer as the ruthless mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Observers describe the show as the former Frasier star’s Bryan Cranston/Michael Chiklis moment, a reference to Grammer’s transition from playing a lovable sitcom leading man to portraying a flawed hero on a dark cable series similar to the leap Cranston and Chiklis took with their Emmy-winning roles on Breaking Bad and The Shield, respectively.
TV TEASER: Starz's New Drama 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Andreeva
- Craig Ferguson To Topline ABC Comedy Pilot ‘King of 7B’
- Noah Galvin Joins ABC’s Dan Savage Comedy Pilot, Annie Funke In CBS’ ‘LFE’
- ‘Murder’ Steady In Finale, ‘Mom’ Ratings On Par In New Slot, Swimsuit Special Soft
- Darlene Hunt Teams With Jodie Foster For Cable Comedy Project at Sony TV
- Tom Ellis To Play Lucifer In Fox Pilot
- Disney Channel Orders ‘Stuck In The Middle’ Family Pilot Starring Jenna Ortega