TV Land has acquired broadcast rights to The Dick Van Dyke Show. The sitcom will premiere on Oct. 3, exactly 50 years after it debuted on CBS. TV Land is marking its anniversary by running episodes in a three-hour block from 6-9 PM Oct. 3-7, and giving it the marathon treatment the following weekend. After that, its regular spot will be weekdays at 7 PM. Starring Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore, the classic workplace comedy created by Carl Reiner ran for 5 seasons, from 1961-66. All 159 episodes of the series are also currently available on Hulu.
TV Land Picks Up 'The Dick Van Dyke Show'
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Team
- 'American Idol' Contestant Joanne Borgella Dead At 32
- Gena Rowlands To Receive Career Honors From LA Film Critics
- 'Good Kill' Drone Movie Lands At IFC Films
- Tao Okamoto Cast In 'Hannibal'; 'Complications' Adds 2
- Showtime Ratings: 2.5M Subscribers Watch 'The Affair' — Network's Best Ever Series Debut Live + 3 Lift : UPDATE