TV Land has acquired broadcast rights to The Dick Van Dyke Show. The sitcom will premiere on Oct. 3, exactly 50 years after it debuted on CBS. TV Land is marking its anniversary by running episodes in a three-hour block from 6-9 PM Oct. 3-7, and giving it the marathon treatment the following weekend. After that, its regular spot will be weekdays at 7 PM. Starring Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore, the classic workplace comedy created by Carl Reiner ran for 5 seasons, from 1961-66. All 159 episodes of the series are also currently available on Hulu.
TV Land Picks Up 'The Dick Van Dyke Show'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa