EXCLUSIVE: Two decades after bursting onto the music scene with mega hit Hold On, Wilson Phillips is looking to return to the spotlight. The trio’s music comeback efforts will be chronicled on a reality series for TV Guide Network. The cable network has ordered a pilot for a show starring the band’s members — sisters Carnie Wilson and Wendy Wilson and best friend Chynna Phillips — as they juggle husbands and children in a quest to get back on top of the charts, a feat that challenges their friendship and sisterhood. “Between touring, recording a new CD and raising nine children, the show promises love, laughter and head bumping!” Carnie Wilson said. The pilot, produced RelativityREAL, is slated to premiere later this year. After reuniting for a Christmas album last fall, Wilson Phillips has been touring and recently made a cameo in the summer comedy hit Bridesmades. Two of the group’s members are already on reality series: Chynna will compete in the upcoming season of Dancing With the Stars and Carnie is a judge on the ABC summer singing competition series Karaoke Battle USA. TV Guide Network chairman Allen Shapiro noted that the project falls into the network’s strategy of “bringing fans closer to their favorite celebrities.” It also is looking to build on TV Guide’s success in the reality arena this summer with new series Nail Files. Executive producing the Wilson Phillips project are Jay Blumenfield and Tony Marsh of RelativityREAL and David Simone and Winston Simone of DSW Entertainment.
TV Guide Network Orders Pilot For Reality Series Starring Trio Wilson Phillips
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of a Call Girl' Creator
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations