Production designers Robert Boyle, William Darling and Alfred Junge will be inducted into the Art Directors Guild Hall of Fame when the organization holds its 16th annual Excellence in Production Design Awards on Feb. 4 at the Beverly Hilton. Boyle, an honorary Oscar recipient in 2007, designed several Alfred Hitchcock films including North By Northwest and The Birds. Darling won Oscars for Cavalcade, The Song of Bernadette and Anna and the King of Siam. Junge won an Oscar for best art direction in 1947 for Black Narcissus, one of eight films he made with Michael Powell and Emerick Pressburger. The ADG, which will announce its awards nominees Jan. 4, only hands out its hall of fame honors posthumously.
Trio To Join Art Directors' Hall Of Fame
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon Saddle Up For Black Label Media’s ‘Horse Soldiers’
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?
- Ralph Macchio Pic ‘Lost Cat Corona’ Acquired By Virgil Films; Cinelicious Pics Nabs ‘Dark Night’
- Paulo Coelho’s ‘The Alchemist’ Movie To Be Made By TriStar & PalmStar
- Ioan Gruffudd Joins Mel Gibson & Sean Penn For ‘The Professor And The Madman’
- Shirley Jones And Robert Wagner Join ‘Together’ With Paul Duddridge At Helm