Production designers Robert Boyle, William Darling and Alfred Junge will be inducted into the Art Directors Guild Hall of Fame when the organization holds its 16th annual Excellence in Production Design Awards on Feb. 4 at the Beverly Hilton. Boyle, an honorary Oscar recipient in 2007, designed several Alfred Hitchcock films including North By Northwest and The Birds. Darling won Oscars for Cavalcade, The Song of Bernadette and Anna and the King of Siam. Junge won an Oscar for best art direction in 1947 for Black Narcissus, one of eight films he made with Michael Powell and Emerick Pressburger. The ADG, which will announce its awards nominees Jan. 4, only hands out its hall of fame honors posthumously.
Trio To Join Art Directors' Hall Of Fame
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'