Tribeca Film has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Tony Kaye’s ensemble drama Detachment and plans a 2012 theatrical release that will run day-and-date with VOD and digital distribution. Adrien Brody stars as a substitute teacher who finds his purpose when he’s assigned to a public school, becoming a role model to the disaffected youth. Christina Hendricks, James Caan, Marcia Gay Harden, Lucy Liu, Blythe Danner, Tim Blake Nelson, Bryan Cranston and William Petersen also star in the film, which premiered this year at the Tribeca fest. Detachment is produced by Paper Street Films’ Austin Stark, Benji Kohn, Chris Papavasiliou and Bingo Gubelmann; Kingsgate Films’ Greg Shapiro; and Carl Lund, who wrote the screenplay. It is executive produced by Brody, Peter Sterling and Andre Laport. Marco Frigeri is co-executive producer. The film from Kaye, the director of American History X, was sold by ICM, which also reps Kaye; ICM also sold Canadian rights on the film to Mongrel Media and French rights to Pretty Pictures. Tribeca’s Nick Savva and Randy Manis negotiated the U.S. deal.
Toronto: Tribeca Attaches Itself To Tony Kaye's 'Detachment'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
‘The Man In The High Castle’ EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
'Young & Hungry' Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other Details Revealed
Latest Film News
- ‘X-Men’ & ‘Alice’ To Boost Memorial Day Weekend After Last Year’s Holiday Apocalypse
- ‘Central Intelligence’ Gets Fest Bow Ahead Of Release; Screamfest 2016 Dates Set
- Versa Media Capital Raises $100M To Bridge Finance Indie TV & Film Projects
- Palm Springs Film Festival Sets 2017 Dates; Gravitas Acquires ‘Cardinal Matter’
- Pennsylvania Man Pleads Guilty to Hacking Celebrity Computers
- ‘Collide’ Trailer: Felicity Jones & Nicholas Hoult Rev Engines For August Bow