Sundance Selects acquired North American rights to the Christophe Honoré-directed Beloved. The film, which stars Catherine Deneuve, Chiara Mastroianni, Ludivine Sagnier, Louis Garrel, Paul Schneider, and Milos Forman, closed the 2011 Cannes Film Festival and plays here at Toronto in a gala premiere. It’s produced by Why Not Productions, France 2 Cinéma, Sixteen Films, Negativ with the Participation of Canal + France. Described as a romantic musical drama, the film spans 3 decades and follows a mother and daughter’s misadventures in love. Deal was made by Sundance Selects president Jonathan Sehring and acquisitions senior vice president Arriana Bacco, with Celluloid Dreams repping the filmmakers.
Toronto: Sundance Selects Acquires North American Rights To 'Beloved'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Wins 'The West', Mythology-Produced Pitch
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'