Sundance Selects acquired North American rights to the Christophe Honoré-directed Beloved. The film, which stars Catherine Deneuve, Chiara Mastroianni, Ludivine Sagnier, Louis Garrel, Paul Schneider, and Milos Forman, closed the 2011 Cannes Film Festival and plays here at Toronto in a gala premiere. It’s produced by Why Not Productions, France 2 Cinéma, Sixteen Films, Negativ with the Participation of Canal + France. Described as a romantic musical drama, the film spans 3 decades and follows a mother and daughter’s misadventures in love. Deal was made by Sundance Selects president Jonathan Sehring and acquisitions senior vice president Arriana Bacco, with Celluloid Dreams repping the filmmakers.
Toronto: Sundance Selects Acquires North American Rights To 'Beloved'
Trending Now on Deadline
Marvel's 'Jessica Jones': Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, Marin Ireland, Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
More From Fleming Jr
- Chris Pratt Circles 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
- EuropaCorp Seeing Red; Bolsters Film Slate, Ups Lisa Ellzey To Film Prexy
- 'Doctor Who's Matt Smith In 'Patient Zero'
- Penelope Cruz Catwalks To 'Zoolander 2;' Will 'Dumber To' Empower Silly Sequels?
- Benedict Cumberbatch Time's Cover Boy