Sundance Selects acquired North American rights to the Christophe Honoré-directed Beloved. The film, which stars Catherine Deneuve, Chiara Mastroianni, Ludivine Sagnier, Louis Garrel, Paul Schneider, and Milos Forman, closed the 2011 Cannes Film Festival and plays here at Toronto in a gala premiere. It’s produced by Why Not Productions, France 2 Cinéma, Sixteen Films, Negativ with the Participation of Canal + France. Described as a romantic musical drama, the film spans 3 decades and follows a mother and daughter’s misadventures in love. Deal was made by Sundance Selects president Jonathan Sehring and acquisitions senior vice president Arriana Bacco, with Celluloid Dreams repping the filmmakers.
Toronto: Sundance Selects Acquires North American Rights To 'Beloved'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jerry Perenchio Dies: Hollywood Dealmaker & Former Univision CEO Was 86
- Andy Bellin Comes Aboard To Adapt ‘Drone Warrior’ For Michael Bay
- WGA Ratifies New Film & TV Contract
- Manchester Attack Updates: Six Arrested, Ariana Grande Suspends Tour & Tom Hardy Launches Fundraiser For Victims
- ICM Partners Ups Rich Green To Head Of Media Rights; Plumps Department
- Woody Harrelson’s One-Night, One-Take, Live Directorial Gamble Pays Off – Deadline Disruptors