Sundance Selects acquired North American rights to the Christophe Honoré-directed Beloved. The film, which stars Catherine Deneuve, Chiara Mastroianni, Ludivine Sagnier, Louis Garrel, Paul Schneider, and Milos Forman, closed the 2011 Cannes Film Festival and plays here at Toronto in a gala premiere. It’s produced by Why Not Productions, France 2 Cinéma, Sixteen Films, Negativ with the Participation of Canal + France. Described as a romantic musical drama, the film spans 3 decades and follows a mother and daughter’s misadventures in love. Deal was made by Sundance Selects president Jonathan Sehring and acquisitions senior vice president Arriana Bacco, with Celluloid Dreams repping the filmmakers.
Toronto: Sundance Selects Acquires North American Rights To 'Beloved'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start