The Raid, which had its Midnight Madness screening last night, is getting a soundtrack overhaul. Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda has been hired to create a new musical score for a film that was acquired by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Group based on partial footage shown during the Cannes Film Festival. SWAG’s plan was to find a hip musician to improve the film, and it’s the first film job for Shinoda. The martial arts movie played strongly at its first showing, and agents are courting director Gareth Evans and his leads, Iko Uwais and Joe Taslim.
Toronto: Midnight Madness Title 'The Raid' Gets New Soundtrack
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spider-Man' Interview - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Sony Lands ‘Hunting El Chapo:’ Studio To Enlist Michael Bay?
- Scott Adkins To Star In Indie Thriller ‘Incoming’; Julia Jones Boards ‘Hard Powder’
- ‘Valerian’, ‘Molly’s Game’, ‘Mile 22’ & ‘Bad Moms Christmas’ Round Out STX…
- Elton John, Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice To Bring Animated ‘Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ To Big Screen For STX…
- Eddie Murphy Returns To Animation With Bo The Bull At STX – CinemaCon
- Robert Rodriguez To Direct ‘Ugly Dolls’ For STX For May 2019 Bow – CinemaCon