Rob Barnum, who was COO of Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures banner, has quietly left the company within the past few weeks. Behind the scenes, they are saying it was amicable and that Barnum wanted to be more of a creative producer on films instead of the executive capacity he served at Annapurna. Ellison has become one of the most prominent financiers of high-end feature fare, and she has been the catalyst for such pictures as The Terminator films that have Justin Lin and Arnold Schwarzenegger attached; the Kathryn Bigelow-directed drama about Navy SEAL Team 6’s hunt for 9/11 mastermind terrorist Osama bin Laden; Paul Thomas Anderson’s untitled film; and the John Hillcoat-directed The Wettest County in the World. Ellison is very hands on with these projects, hasn’t set a replacement for Barnum and might not. I’m told that Barnum has several producing projects percolating, two with Lucas Foster and one with Cassian Elwes, and is building a film fund.
Toronto: Megan Ellison's COO Robert Barnum Exits
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start