EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed Tanya Wexler. She’s the director of Hysteria, the 2011 Toronto Film Festival drama about the invention of the vibrator. The buzz is that film is in hot pursuit by suitors that include Sony Pictures Classics, Samuel Goldwyn Films and Millennium. Wexler had met with the major agencies while in Toronto, where her film had its world premiere last Thursday. She previously directed the indies Finding North and Ball in the House, and continues to be managed by Circle of Confusion and repped by UK-based agency Curtis Brown. Hysteria stars Maggie Gyllenhaal, Hugh Dancy, Rupert Everett, Jonathan Pryce and Felicity Jones.
Toronto: Her Hot Button Film In Play, 'Hysteria' Helmer Tanya Wexler Signs With WME
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release
- Morris Chestnut Boards 'Bus 657′
- Rosie Day Joins 'All Roads Lead To Rome'
- Relativity Buys Kevin Costner-Starrer 'Black Or White'
- Darren Aronofsky Added To PGA's Gotham Produced By Confab