EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed Tanya Wexler. She’s the director of Hysteria, the 2011 Toronto Film Festival drama about the invention of the vibrator. The buzz is that film is in hot pursuit by suitors that include Sony Pictures Classics, Samuel Goldwyn Films and Millennium. Wexler had met with the major agencies while in Toronto, where her film had its world premiere last Thursday. She previously directed the indies Finding North and Ball in the House, and continues to be managed by Circle of Confusion and repped by UK-based agency Curtis Brown. Hysteria stars Maggie Gyllenhaal, Hugh Dancy, Rupert Everett, Jonathan Pryce and Felicity Jones.
Toronto: Her Hot Button Film In Play, 'Hysteria' Helmer Tanya Wexler Signs With WME
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project Goes West
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 1: Casey Affleck, Denzel Washington, Pharrell Williams, Damien Chazelle & More
- ‘Song to Song’ Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle