Doug Aarniokoski’s post-apocalyptic action thriller The Day, which follows a group that fights to stay alive amid a war against humanity, has been sold to German-speaking Europe and Benelux by Content, which acquired foreign rights to the Luke Passmore-scripted pic just before kickoff of the Toronto Film Festival. Content head of sales Harry White negotiated the latest sale with Splendid’s Carl Rickmers. The Day, starring Shawn Ashmore, Ashley Bell and Michael Eklund, is playing in Toronto’s Midnight Madness sidebar.
Toronto: Foreign Deals For 'The Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter