Doug Aarniokoski’s post-apocalyptic action thriller The Day, which follows a group that fights to stay alive amid a war against humanity, has been sold to German-speaking Europe and Benelux by Content, which acquired foreign rights to the Luke Passmore-scripted pic just before kickoff of the Toronto Film Festival. Content head of sales Harry White negotiated the latest sale with Splendid’s Carl Rickmers. The Day, starring Shawn Ashmore, Ashley Bell and Michael Eklund, is playing in Toronto’s Midnight Madness sidebar.
Toronto: Foreign Deals For 'The Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
DWA's 'Home' Looking At $54M; 'Get Hard' Slots Second With $34.6M - Sunday AM Box Office First Update
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest Film News
- ‘Shooting Clerks’ Trailer For Biopic of Kevin Smith Arrives
- DWA’s ‘Home’ Looking At $54M; ‘Get Hard’ Slots Second With $34.6M – Sunday AM Box Office…
- UK ‘Terminator: Genisys’ Trailer Elevates JK Simmons’ Profile
- Hugh Jackman On Instagram: Role In ‘Wolverine 3′ Will Be His Last
- TCM Classic Film Festival: From ‘The Sound Of Music’ To Shirley MacLaine It’s Anniversary Time In Hollywood
- Helen Mirren Film ‘Woman In Gold’ Aims For New Respect After Critical Brickbats At Berlin Film Festival