Doug Aarniokoski’s post-apocalyptic action thriller The Day, which follows a group that fights to stay alive amid a war against humanity, has been sold to German-speaking Europe and Benelux by Content, which acquired foreign rights to the Luke Passmore-scripted pic just before kickoff of the Toronto Film Festival. Content head of sales Harry White negotiated the latest sale with Splendid’s Carl Rickmers. The Day, starring Shawn Ashmore, Ashley Bell and Michael Eklund, is playing in Toronto’s Midnight Madness sidebar.
Toronto: Foreign Deals For 'The Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Mel Gibson’s Standing-O; Seth Rogen Talks Politics; No Denial Of Oscar Buzz For…
- Stephen Root Cast In ‘The Empty Man’; Mackenyu Joins ‘Pacific Rim’ Sequel
- Abrams Artists Taps Ashwant Venkatram As Digital Media Agent; R&C Hires Alisa Granz As EVP For Consumer Biz
- Jim Rash, Sasha Alexander, Bellamy Young & More Round The Cast Of ‘Bernard And Huey’
- Distributor-Financier 13 Films Taps Endgame Exec As VP
- WME-IMG China Appoints NBA Exec Michael Ma As CEO