Doug Aarniokoski’s post-apocalyptic action thriller The Day, which follows a group that fights to stay alive amid a war against humanity, has been sold to German-speaking Europe and Benelux by Content, which acquired foreign rights to the Luke Passmore-scripted pic just before kickoff of the Toronto Film Festival. Content head of sales Harry White negotiated the latest sale with Splendid’s Carl Rickmers. The Day, starring Shawn Ashmore, Ashley Bell and Michael Eklund, is playing in Toronto’s Midnight Madness sidebar.
Toronto: Foreign Deals For 'The Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Late Night Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board