Doug Aarniokoski’s post-apocalyptic action thriller The Day, which follows a group that fights to stay alive amid a war against humanity, has been sold to German-speaking Europe and Benelux by Content, which acquired foreign rights to the Luke Passmore-scripted pic just before kickoff of the Toronto Film Festival. Content head of sales Harry White negotiated the latest sale with Splendid’s Carl Rickmers. The Day, starring Shawn Ashmore, Ashley Bell and Michael Eklund, is playing in Toronto’s Midnight Madness sidebar.
Toronto: Foreign Deals For 'The Day'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Billy Crystal To Deliver Tribute To Robin Williams At Emmy Awards
- 'Resident Evil 6′ Production Pushed To 2015
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Launches Production Banner; Inks First-Look Deal With Legendary TV