Doug Aarniokoski’s post-apocalyptic action thriller The Day, which follows a group that fights to stay alive amid a war against humanity, has been sold to German-speaking Europe and Benelux by Content, which acquired foreign rights to the Luke Passmore-scripted pic just before kickoff of the Toronto Film Festival. Content head of sales Harry White negotiated the latest sale with Splendid’s Carl Rickmers. The Day, starring Shawn Ashmore, Ashley Bell and Michael Eklund, is playing in Toronto’s Midnight Madness sidebar.
Toronto: Foreign Deals For 'The Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Latest Film News
- ‘The Rape Of Recy Taylor’ Trailer: The Heart-Wrenching Docu Tells A Timely Story For Black Women
- John Lasseter Taking Leave Of Absence From Disney & Pixar
- Richard Cabral & John Gallagher Jr. Join Jennifer Garner In ‘Peppermint’
- Dominique McElligott, Beau Bridges, Zhu Zhu, Song Yang Join Boyd Holbrook In ‘Two/One’
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Aldis Hodge, Greg Kinnear In Biopic ‘Brian Banks’
- Oliver Stone Responds To Melissa Gilbert Harassment Allegations, Says It Was Clear ‘The Doors’ Was A “Raunchy”…