FilmNation has acqured Guy Hibbert’s screenplay Eye in the Sky for Downfall director Oliver Hirschbiegel to helm, a move that reteams the writer and director who collaborated on the 2009 Liam Neeson-starrer Five Minutes of Heaven, which won directing and screenwriting awards at Sundance. FilmNation EVP Production Karen Lunder brought in Eye in the Sky to the company and will produce alongside FilmNation production president Aaron Ryder. Stephen Wright, who works with the BBC where the project was initially developed, will also produce; FilmNation acquired the rights from BBC Films, in cooperation with BBC TV. The company plans to fast-track the movie — an international thriller that follows a group of characters impacted by the decision to drop a drone missile on a house in East Africa — and want to begin prep on it this year.
Toronto: FilmNation Nabs Rights To 'Eye In The Sky' Script For Oliver Hirschbiegel To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- 'Casting JonBenet' Trailer: Director Kitty Green Revisits Murder Case Using Local Talent
- ‘Justice League’ Teaser Trailers Spotlight Batman, Aquaman & The Flash – Update
- Sony Update: New Candidate Emerges In Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- Amy Pascal Wins Auction For Laura Dave Novel ‘Hello, Sunshine’; Author Scripting With ‘Spotlight’s…
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’