Crime Scene Pictures partners Adam Ripp and Rob Paris will partner with Nick Wechsler on Man With a Gun, a Robert Hewitt Wolfe-scripted action thriller. They’ve just set up the picture for Crime Scene to fully finance, and they’ll talk it up here to get a director and a foreign sales agent. The title character, Ike Bell, is a gunslinger on a personal mission to gut the participants in a drug war that has plagued a U.S. border town for generations. He infiltrates both sides and takes out operatives on his way to a fateful showdown with the warring kingpins. One is an American sheriff, the other a monstrous cross-dressing woman. Wechsler will produce with Ripp and Paris, Rizal Risjad and Philip Elway will be exec producers and Lizzy Bradford will co-produce. They will have their package ready for Berlin in February and start production next year. They sold Gambit at last Berlin, and that film went into production shortly after. CAA and ICM will co-rep U.S. theatrical rights. “The appeal of this project is in its weaving of the classic themes of revenge and redemption being played out in a contemporary setting, with an iconic hero and a truly quirky cast,” Ripp and Paris said.
Toronto: Crime Scene, Nick Wechsler Team For 'Man With A Gun'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest Film News
- 'Bitter Harvest', ‘My Life As A Zuchini’, ‘Dying Laughing’ Offer Oscar Weekend Alternatives – Specialty…
- Asghar Farhadi Expected To Speak From Iran During UTA Rally
- Wanda Group Takes Equity Stakes In TWC’s ‘Lion’ & ‘The Current War’
- Martin Scorsese To Be Given John Ford Award From Ireland’s President
- Audiences ‘Get Out’ To The Movies Thursday Night – Box Office
- IMAX China 2016 Profits Fall 13% In Wake Of Box Office Slump