Crime Scene Pictures partners Adam Ripp and Rob Paris will partner with Nick Wechsler on Man With a Gun, a Robert Hewitt Wolfe-scripted action thriller. They’ve just set up the picture for Crime Scene to fully finance, and they’ll talk it up here to get a director and a foreign sales agent. The title character, Ike Bell, is a gunslinger on a personal mission to gut the participants in a drug war that has plagued a U.S. border town for generations. He infiltrates both sides and takes out operatives on his way to a fateful showdown with the warring kingpins. One is an American sheriff, the other a monstrous cross-dressing woman. Wechsler will produce with Ripp and Paris, Rizal Risjad and Philip Elway will be exec producers and Lizzy Bradford will co-produce. They will have their package ready for Berlin in February and start production next year. They sold Gambit at last Berlin, and that film went into production shortly after. CAA and ICM will co-rep U.S. theatrical rights. “The appeal of this project is in its weaving of the classic themes of revenge and redemption being played out in a contemporary setting, with an iconic hero and a truly quirky cast,” Ripp and Paris said.
Toronto: Crime Scene, Nick Wechsler Team For 'Man With A Gun'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest Film News
- Kevin Meaney Dies: Veteran Comic And Actor Was 60
- Ex-State Sen. Ron Calderon Sentenced In Film Incentives Bribe Case
- ‘Neruda’ Trailer: Life On The Run For Chilean Poet & Political Firebrand
- Time Warner Sale To AT&T Shows Distribution, Not Content, Is King
- ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand’ Lands On ITunes & Sets Global Airdates – Update
- ‘Midnight Rider’: More Info Revealed In “Willful Safety Violation” Court Filing