Content Film announced today that it has landed foreign sales rights to Doug Aarniokoski’s action thriller The Day ahead of its world premiere screening in the Midnight Madness section of the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival. The film, which stars Shawn Ashmore, Ashely Bell, Michael Eklund, Cory Hardrict, Dominic Monaghan and Shannon Sossamon, revolves around a group of survivors who fight to stay alive amid a war against humanity. Luke Passmore wrote the script, and Guy Danella is producer; Aarniokoski, Michael Finley, Tim James, Antonina Armato and Ross Dinerstein executive produce. Kevin Iwashina of Preferred Content is handling North American sales. Content also will be selling at Toronto foreign rights on the Sarah Palin documentary Sarah Palin: You Betcha!, which was acquired earlier today for domestic release by Freestyle Releasing, and the Chloe Moretz-Blake Lively pic Hick.
Toronto: Content Film Acquires Foreign Rights To 'The Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- World Premiere Of Next ‘Planet Of The Apes’ Footage And Trailer Bows — CinemaCon
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Trailer Hits CinemaCon: The Beginning And The End
- Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A ‘Red Sparrow’: 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
- Joss Whedon Eyes Batgirl Movie At Warner Bros
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Clocks $400M+ Overseas; Global Box Office At $751M
- Annapurna Hiring Spree Results In Full Marketing And Distribution Teams – CinemaCon