EXCLUSIVE: Cohen Media Group has acquired the Sylvia Verheyde-directed Confession of a Child of the Century, a relationship drama that stars Charlotte Gainsbourg and British singer Pete Doherty in his first lead film role. Doherty plays a carefree man whose life is forever altered when he witnesses his lover being unfaithful. Devastated by the betrayal and distraught over the death of his father, he heads to the countryside, where he meets a young widow, played by Gainsbourg. He is plagued by the paranoid notion that she will eventually cheat on him. Verheyde adapted the film from Alfred de Musset’s 1836 autobiographical novel La Confession d’un Enfant du Siècle. The film is produced by Bruno Berthemy and also stars Lily Cole, August Diehl and Josephine de La Baume. “The adaptation of a novel is no easy art, but Verheyde has brought a unique and sympathetic perspective to this story and we’re thrilled to share it” said Charles S. Cohen, CEO of Cohen Media Group. Wild Bunch repped the film.
Toronto: Cohen Media Group Acquires Pete Doherty-Starrer 'Confession Of A Child Of The Century'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Watchdog Group Chides Laika For “White-Washing” ‘Kubo And The Two Strings’
- ‘Birth Of A Nation’: AFI Axes Planned Screening & Nate Parker Q&A
- Viacom’s Longtime PR Chief Carl Folta Exits
- AFI Faculty Calls For Dean’s Firing
- Alex Meneses Inks With Untitled; Verne Troyer Teams With Studio71
- DreamWorks Animation’s ‘Croods 2’ Gets Rewrite With Hageman Brothers