EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Gerardo Naranjo, the Mexican writer and director of Miss Bala that plays today at Toronto after making its international premiere at Cannes in May. It will also play at The New York Film Festival October 1. Fox releases the film in the U.S. in January. The drama deals with drug violence through an unlikely prism: the Tijuana beauty pageant contestant (Stephanie Sigman) who stumbles into the path of ruthless cartel operatives and corrupt officials. It is inspired by a true story. Here is a trailer for the film:
Toronto: CAA Signs 'Miss Bala' Helmer Gerardo Naranjo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Fleming Jr
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'