EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Gerardo Naranjo, the Mexican writer and director of Miss Bala that plays today at Toronto after making its international premiere at Cannes in May. It will also play at The New York Film Festival October 1. Fox releases the film in the U.S. in January. The drama deals with drug violence through an unlikely prism: the Tijuana beauty pageant contestant (Stephanie Sigman) who stumbles into the path of ruthless cartel operatives and corrupt officials. It is inspired by a true story. Here is a trailer for the film:
Toronto: CAA Signs 'Miss Bala' Helmer Gerardo Naranjo
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'