EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Gerardo Naranjo, the Mexican writer and director of Miss Bala that plays today at Toronto after making its international premiere at Cannes in May. It will also play at The New York Film Festival October 1. Fox releases the film in the U.S. in January. The drama deals with drug violence through an unlikely prism: the Tijuana beauty pageant contestant (Stephanie Sigman) who stumbles into the path of ruthless cartel operatives and corrupt officials. It is inspired by a true story. Here is a trailer for the film:
Toronto: CAA Signs 'Miss Bala' Helmer Gerardo Naranjo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start