Husband-and-wife filmmakers Brian M. Cassidy and Melanie Shatzky are busy these days. The pair — who collaborate on film and photography projects and have had their art films shown in museums and galleries — is in Toronto this week to attend the world premiere of their debut feature The Patron Saints, which offers a hyper-real glimpse into life at a nursing home. They arrive having just wrapped production on their next project, Francine, which stars Oscar winner Melissa Leo as a misfit parolee who tries to adjust to life after prison by getting a job working with animals. Cassidy and Shatzky co-directed and worked together on that script and Washington Square Films and Pigeon Projects produced the film, which is being positioned for a festival run next year.
Toronto: Brian Cassidy & Melanie Shatzky Wrap 'Francine', Ready 'The Patron Saints'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald
- Bruce Willis Pacts Pair Of Films With Emmett/Furla/Oasis
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Toward Future Of Paramount