Husband-and-wife filmmakers Brian M. Cassidy and Melanie Shatzky are busy these days. The pair — who collaborate on film and photography projects and have had their art films shown in museums and galleries — is in Toronto this week to attend the world premiere of their debut feature The Patron Saints, which offers a hyper-real glimpse into life at a nursing home. They arrive having just wrapped production on their next project, Francine, which stars Oscar winner Melissa Leo as a misfit parolee who tries to adjust to life after prison by getting a job working with animals. Cassidy and Shatzky co-directed and worked together on that script and Washington Square Films and Pigeon Projects produced the film, which is being positioned for a festival run next year.
Toronto: Brian Cassidy & Melanie Shatzky Wrap 'Francine', Ready 'The Patron Saints'
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
John Oliver, HBO Score Legal Victory Over Coal King: First Amendment Protects "Geriatric Dr. Evil" Jab
Latest Film News
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket The Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Sound Teams On The Sonic Dimension To Creature Creation
- ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ Cuffs $300M+ At WW Box Office; Franchise Tops $1.25B