ATO Pictures has acquired U.S. rights to Participant Media’s Last Call at the Oasis, the Jessica Yu-directed film that premiered at the 2011 Toronto Film Festival. The documentary is about the global water crisis, the role that water plays in our lives and the hardships that are created around the world when clean water is not available. The film is produced by Elise Pearlstein. The deal was brokered by Submarine’s Josh Braun. It is the second festival film to be acquired by ATO, which bought the comedy The Oranges before the festival wrapped.
Toronto: ATO Pictures Acquires 'Last Call At The Oasis'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Akiva Goldsman Circling 'Ring 3′ Rewrite
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec 'Moonfall'