After a three-way bidding war, single-camera comedy pitch On The Verge of Greatness has landed at CBS with a significant penalty. The twentysomething ensemble comedy, from 3 Arts and 20th Century Fox TV, will be written/executive produced by feature writer Tom Gormican, with Jake Kasdan on board to direct and executive produce through his overall deal at 20th TV. Also executive producing are 3 Arts’ Howard Klein and Oly Obst, with Melvin Mar producing. 20th TV pitched the comedy to the Big 4 broadcast networks last Tuesday, with 3 of them — ABC, NBC and CBS — buying it in the room, thus sparking a bidding war. Gornican’s script Are We Officially Dating? landed on the 2010 Black List. He has romantic comedy Save the Date in the works at Sony with Neal Moritz producing and is co-producing Relativity’s upcoming Farrelly brothers movie. Kasdan is coming off directing the pilot for the upcoming Fox/20th TV comedy New Girl.
Tom Gormican/Jake Kasdan Ensemble Comedy Lands At CBS With Penalty
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup