After a three-way bidding war, single-camera comedy pitch On The Verge of Greatness has landed at CBS with a significant penalty. The twentysomething ensemble comedy, from 3 Arts and 20th Century Fox TV, will be written/executive produced by feature writer Tom Gormican, with Jake Kasdan on board to direct and executive produce through his overall deal at 20th TV. Also executive producing are 3 Arts’ Howard Klein and Oly Obst, with Melvin Mar producing. 20th TV pitched the comedy to the Big 4 broadcast networks last Tuesday, with 3 of them — ABC, NBC and CBS — buying it in the room, thus sparking a bidding war. Gornican’s script Are We Officially Dating? landed on the 2010 Black List. He has romantic comedy Save the Date in the works at Sony with Neal Moritz producing and is co-producing Relativity’s upcoming Farrelly brothers movie. Kasdan is coming off directing the pilot for the upcoming Fox/20th TV comedy New Girl.
Tom Gormican/Jake Kasdan Ensemble Comedy Lands At CBS With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate