Comedy’s white-hot selling season continues with another half-hour project sparking a big bidding war. Titled On The Verge of Greatness, the single-camera twentysomething ensemble comedy hails from 3 Arts and 20th Century Fox TV. It will be written/executive produced by feature writer Tom Gormican, with Jake Kasdan on board to direct and executive produce through his overall deal at 20th TV. Also executive producing are 3 Arts’ Howard Klein and Oly Obst. 20th TV pitched the comedy to the Big 4 broadcast networks yesterday. Three of them — ABC, NBC and CBS — bought it in the room and are now in a bidding war. Gornican’s script Are We Officially Dating? landed on the 2010 Black List. He has romantic comedy Save the Date in the works at Sony with Neal Moritz producing and is co-producing Relativity’s upcoming Farrelly brothers movie. Kasdan recently directed the pilot for Fox’s upcoming comedy New Girl.
Tom Gormican & Jake Kasdan Comedy Project Sparks Major Bidding War
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Baskets’ Renewed For Fourth Season By FX
- Donald Trump Pardons Jack Johnson While Taking Swing At Obama
- ‘Twin Peaks’ FYC Marathon Set On Showtime
- The Daily Beast Editor Jon Avlon Joins CNN As Full-Time Senior Political Analyst
- Morgan Freeman On Accusations: “I Apologize To Anyone Who Felt Uncomfortable Or Disrespected”
- Celtics Win Scores Top Ratings Spot For ESPN, ‘Empire’ Season Finale Aces Big 4 Battle