Comedy’s white-hot selling season continues with another half-hour project sparking a big bidding war. Titled On The Verge of Greatness, the single-camera twentysomething ensemble comedy hails from 3 Arts and 20th Century Fox TV. It will be written/executive produced by feature writer Tom Gormican, with Jake Kasdan on board to direct and executive produce through his overall deal at 20th TV. Also executive producing are 3 Arts’ Howard Klein and Oly Obst. 20th TV pitched the comedy to the Big 4 broadcast networks yesterday. Three of them — ABC, NBC and CBS — bought it in the room and are now in a bidding war. Gornican’s script Are We Officially Dating? landed on the 2010 Black List. He has romantic comedy Save the Date in the works at Sony with Neal Moritz producing and is co-producing Relativity’s upcoming Farrelly brothers movie. Kasdan recently directed the pilot for Fox’s upcoming comedy New Girl.
Tom Gormican & Jake Kasdan Comedy Project Sparks Major Bidding War
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV