TBS has ordered a half-hour comedy pilot Sullivan And Son, which stars comedian Steve Byrne and is executive produced by Vince Vaughn and producer-director Peter Billingsley. Warner Horizon TV and Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show banner are producing. Written by Byrne and comedy veteran Rob Long (Cheers), who serves as executive producer/showrunner, Sullivan And Son takes place in a popular and legendary neighborhood bar in a working-class neighborhood in Pittsburgh. It centers on Steve Sullivan (Byrne), the son of the current owner of the bar and the grandson of its founder, who surprises his Irish-American father and Korean-American mother when he decides to leave his job as a successful corporate attorney in New York and return to the old neighborhood to take over Sullivan & Son. The pilot will be shot later this fall. Sullivan And Son joins two other half-hour pilots recently ordered by TBS: one about a family man who quits his day job and returns to the neighborhood where he grew up, from Conan O’Brien’s Conaco and Warner Horizon, and Breckin Meyer’s Men At Work, about a recently dumped man, from Sony TV and Fanfare.
TBS Orders Pilot Starring Comedian Steve Byrne And Produced By Vince Vaughn
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’