TBS has ordered a half-hour comedy pilot Sullivan And Son, which stars comedian Steve Byrne and is executive produced by Vince Vaughn and producer-director Peter Billingsley. Warner Horizon TV and Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show banner are producing. Written by Byrne and comedy veteran Rob Long (Cheers), who serves as executive producer/showrunner, Sullivan And Son takes place in a popular and legendary neighborhood bar in a working-class neighborhood in Pittsburgh. It centers on Steve Sullivan (Byrne), the son of the current owner of the bar and the grandson of its founder, who surprises his Irish-American father and Korean-American mother when he decides to leave his job as a successful corporate attorney in New York and return to the old neighborhood to take over Sullivan & Son. The pilot will be shot later this fall. Sullivan And Son joins two other half-hour pilots recently ordered by TBS: one about a family man who quits his day job and returns to the neighborhood where he grew up, from Conan O’Brien’s Conaco and Warner Horizon, and Breckin Meyer’s Men At Work, about a recently dumped man, from Sony TV and Fanfare.
TBS Orders Pilot Starring Comedian Steve Byrne And Produced By Vince Vaughn
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres
- Buying Season 2014 Goes In Reverse: Comedies Wrapping, Dramas Far From Done
- CBS' 'Madam Secretary' Off To OK Start – RATINGS RAT RACE