TBS has ordered a half-hour comedy pilot Sullivan And Son, which stars comedian Steve Byrne and is executive produced by Vince Vaughn and producer-director Peter Billingsley. Warner Horizon TV and Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show banner are producing. Written by Byrne and comedy veteran Rob Long (Cheers), who serves as executive producer/showrunner, Sullivan And Son takes place in a popular and legendary neighborhood bar in a working-class neighborhood in Pittsburgh. It centers on Steve Sullivan (Byrne), the son of the current owner of the bar and the grandson of its founder, who surprises his Irish-American father and Korean-American mother when he decides to leave his job as a successful corporate attorney in New York and return to the old neighborhood to take over Sullivan & Son. The pilot will be shot later this fall. Sullivan And Son joins two other half-hour pilots recently ordered by TBS: one about a family man who quits his day job and returns to the neighborhood where he grew up, from Conan O’Brien’s Conaco and Warner Horizon, and Breckin Meyer’s Men At Work, about a recently dumped man, from Sony TV and Fanfare.
TBS Orders Pilot Starring Comedian Steve Byrne And Produced By Vince Vaughn
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- South Korean Cultural Minister Arrested Over Artists Blacklist
- Jimmy Kimmel Vows To Mine Donald Trump Presidency For Laughs
- More Than 200 Arrested But Protests Don’t Trump Inaugural Festivities
- Joy Reid To Trevor Noah: Media Must Study Vladimir Putin’s Authoritarian Regime To Cover President Trump
- Bill Maher Calls Trump Inaugural Address “Joyless And Ugly And Dividing”
- Did Twitter Force Obama Supporters To Follow New Trump @POTUS Account?