TBS has ordered a half-hour comedy pilot Sullivan And Son, which stars comedian Steve Byrne and is executive produced by Vince Vaughn and producer-director Peter Billingsley. Warner Horizon TV and Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show banner are producing. Written by Byrne and comedy veteran Rob Long (Cheers), who serves as executive producer/showrunner, Sullivan And Son takes place in a popular and legendary neighborhood bar in a working-class neighborhood in Pittsburgh. It centers on Steve Sullivan (Byrne), the son of the current owner of the bar and the grandson of its founder, who surprises his Irish-American father and Korean-American mother when he decides to leave his job as a successful corporate attorney in New York and return to the old neighborhood to take over Sullivan & Son. The pilot will be shot later this fall. Sullivan And Son joins two other half-hour pilots recently ordered by TBS: one about a family man who quits his day job and returns to the neighborhood where he grew up, from Conan O’Brien’s Conaco and Warner Horizon, and Breckin Meyer’s Men At Work, about a recently dumped man, from Sony TV and Fanfare.
TBS Orders Pilot Starring Comedian Steve Byrne And Produced By Vince Vaughn
What's Hot on Deadline
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest TV News
- IFC Developing Revenge Comedy From Erin Simon & Kim Karp
- Charles Roven's Atlas Artists Adds Tory Howard, Nicholas Todisco To Management Team
- Al Jazeera America Lawsuit: $15M Anti-Semitic, Anti-U.S., Anti-Female Suit "Absurd", CEO Says
- John Oliver Flunks U.S. Education System Over Its Standardized Test Mania
- Carly Fiorina Announces White House Bid On ‘Good Morning America’
- ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians: About Bruce’ Debuts On E!