TBS is expanding its relationship with late-night host Conan O’Brien to primetime. The cable network has ordered a half-hour comedy pilot from O’Brien’s Warner Bros TV-based production company Conaco. WBTV’s cable division Warner Horizon Television will produce. The multi-camera sitcom, written by Ben Wexler (Still Standing), Ross Novie (Secret Girlfriend) and Jay Rondot (Secret Girlfriend), centers on a family man who quits his day job and returns to the neighborhood where he grew up. There, he reunites with his former best friend. Wexler, Novie and Rondot are executive producing with O’Brien, David Kissinger and Jeff Ross. Wexler will serve as the showrunner for the untitled pilot, which is slated to begin shooting this year. After veering into developing hourlong comedies for the past two years, TBS is returning to the half-hour comedy genre with two multi-camera pilots ordered over the past two weeks: the O’Brien-produced buddy sitcom and the recently ordered Men at Work, created by Breckin Meyer and produced by Jamie Tarses.
TBS Orders Comedy Pilot From Conan O'Brien's Company
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Ratings Rise On Another Encore Heavy Tuesday
- Judge Throws Out Racial Bias Suit Against Time Warmer, CNN & TBS
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Renewed For Season 3 By OWN As Ava DuVernay Inks First-Look Deal With Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo…
- Dan Rather: Donald Trump’s Boy Scout Jamboree Speech “Disgusting”
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Tells Boy Scouts Their Government Is Festering River Of Human Waste
- ‘Feud’ Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland’s Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX…