TBS is expanding its relationship with late-night host Conan O’Brien to primetime. The cable network has ordered a half-hour comedy pilot from O’Brien’s Warner Bros TV-based production company Conaco. WBTV’s cable division Warner Horizon Television will produce. The multi-camera sitcom, written by Ben Wexler (Still Standing), Ross Novie (Secret Girlfriend) and Jay Rondot (Secret Girlfriend), centers on a family man who quits his day job and returns to the neighborhood where he grew up. There, he reunites with his former best friend. Wexler, Novie and Rondot are executive producing with O’Brien, David Kissinger and Jeff Ross. Wexler will serve as the showrunner for the untitled pilot, which is slated to begin shooting this year. After veering into developing hourlong comedies for the past two years, TBS is returning to the half-hour comedy genre with two multi-camera pilots ordered over the past two weeks: the O’Brien-produced buddy sitcom and the recently ordered Men at Work, created by Breckin Meyer and produced by Jamie Tarses.
TBS Orders Comedy Pilot From Conan O'Brien's Company
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest TV News
- ‘Breaking Bad’s Walter White For DEA, Says Baldwin-Free ‘SNL’ Cold Open
- Dwayne Johnson & Jimmy Fallon Reunite Military Family On ‘Tonight Show’; Real Tears Ensue
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy…
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…