TBS is expanding its relationship with late-night host Conan O’Brien to primetime. The cable network has ordered a half-hour comedy pilot from O’Brien’s Warner Bros TV-based production company Conaco. WBTV’s cable division Warner Horizon Television will produce. The multi-camera sitcom, written by Ben Wexler (Still Standing), Ross Novie (Secret Girlfriend) and Jay Rondot (Secret Girlfriend), centers on a family man who quits his day job and returns to the neighborhood where he grew up. There, he reunites with his former best friend. Wexler, Novie and Rondot are executive producing with O’Brien, David Kissinger and Jeff Ross. Wexler will serve as the showrunner for the untitled pilot, which is slated to begin shooting this year. After veering into developing hourlong comedies for the past two years, TBS is returning to the half-hour comedy genre with two multi-camera pilots ordered over the past two weeks: the O’Brien-produced buddy sitcom and the recently ordered Men at Work, created by Breckin Meyer and produced by Jamie Tarses.
TBS Orders Comedy Pilot From Conan O'Brien's Company
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?