After staying largely out of the spotlight for the past 3 years, former Lifetime and the WB entertainment president Susanne Daniels has taken on a temporary gig as a consultant for Oprah Winfrey’s OWN cable network. Daniels had been rumored for a number of jobs since she exited Lifetime in 2008, and being involved in the launch of a cable channel was reportedly among the dream potential gigs on her to-do list. At OWN, Daniels will consult Harpo Studios presidents Erik Logan and Sheri Salata, who were named presidents of OWN in July. Another veteran cable and broadcast executive, Discovery Communications COO Peter Liguori, had been very hands-on in all matters OWN, including serving as interim OWN CEO following the May exit of Christina Norman. Word is that Liguori is no longer involved in the channel’s day-to-day operations. Nine months after its launch, OWN is still struggling to establish itself, finishing 61st in prime time for the month of September with an average of 181,000 viewers. OWN’s ballooning costs, ratings woes and frequent executive changeovers have prompted industry speculation that parent Discovery Communications might eventually consider reverting OWN into its predecessor, Discovery Health. At OWN, it is business as usual. Next for the cable network is the launch of the Rosie O’Donnell daily talk show on Oct. 10.
Susanne Daniels Consulting For OWN
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'