EXCLUSIVE: Style Network has renewed breakout reality hit Tia & Tamera for a second season. The docu-series starring twin sisters Tia and Tamera Mowry premiered Aug. 8, posting the network’s most-watched series launch in history with 750,000 viewers. The following week, the series shot up to 920,000 viewers to log Style’s most watched telecast ever. Production on the second season, which will chronicle Tia’s new role as a working mom and Tamera’s life as a newlywed, is slated to begin later this year. “We are excited to continue following Tia and Tamera’s journeys both personally and professionally,” Style president Salaam Coleman Smith said. “Being a part of their major life transformations, including the fun, dramatic and private moments, has resonated with our viewers who come to Style for the inspirational and aspirational stories.” After five weeks on the air, Tia & Tamera is tracking to become Style’s highest-rated series ever across all key demos, including adults 18-49 (490,000) and women 18-49 (410,000) as well as total viewers (755,00). The series’ eight-episode freshman season wraps Oct. 8. Tia & Tamera is produced by Good Clean Fun. Executive producers are Jason Carbone, Tia Mowry Hardrict and Tamera Mowry-Housley. The renewal gives Tia Mowry two hit cable series heading into Season 2 — she also stars on the BET sitcom The Game.
Style Renews 'Tia & Tamera' For Season 2
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips