EXCLUSIVE: Style Network has renewed breakout reality hit Tia & Tamera for a second season. The docu-series starring twin sisters Tia and Tamera Mowry premiered Aug. 8, posting the network’s most-watched series launch in history with 750,000 viewers. The following week, the series shot up to 920,000 viewers to log Style’s most watched telecast ever. Production on the second season, which will chronicle Tia’s new role as a working mom and Tamera’s life as a newlywed, is slated to begin later this year. “We are excited to continue following Tia and Tamera’s journeys both personally and professionally,” Style president Salaam Coleman Smith said. “Being a part of their major life transformations, including the fun, dramatic and private moments, has resonated with our viewers who come to Style for the inspirational and aspirational stories.” After five weeks on the air, Tia & Tamera is tracking to become Style’s highest-rated series ever across all key demos, including adults 18-49 (490,000) and women 18-49 (410,000) as well as total viewers (755,00). The series’ eight-episode freshman season wraps Oct. 8. Tia & Tamera is produced by Good Clean Fun. Executive producers are Jason Carbone, Tia Mowry Hardrict and Tamera Mowry-Housley. The renewal gives Tia Mowry two hit cable series heading into Season 2 — she also stars on the BET sitcom The Game.
Style Renews 'Tia & Tamera' For Season 2
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race