Stephen King announced the book’s possibility back in 2009, but it wasn’t made official until last weekend when he read an excerpt during a George Mason University awards ceremony. The sequel to The Shining is called Dr. Sleep starring psychic kiddie Danny (aka “Doc”) 30 years later. Now he eases the minds of dying hospice residents. Until some vampires arrive. Too bad Stanley Kubrick isn’t still around. Here’s the novelist reading a passage from Dr Sleep:
Stephen King Sneaks 'The Shining' Sequel: Danny Stars in 'Dr. Sleep' With Vampires
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company