EXCLUSIVE: Spike TV, which has built its unscripted brand on urban series like Auction Hunters, Repo Games and Bar Rescue, is heading for the open sea with Diamond Divers, a docu-series about men performing dangerous jobs in a rough environment that is in the vein of Discovery’s The Deadliest Catch and History’s Ice Road Truckers. Diamond Divers, which has received 10-episode order, hails from Undercover Boss producer Studio Lambert. It features a crew of rugged divers and sailors from Washington state who travel to the infamous Skeleton Coast off the dangerous coast of South Africa, renowned for shipwrecks, to mine for diamonds. The crew is led by Captain John, a big-game-hunting, Harley-Davidson-riding, hardscrabble, financially ambitious boat captain. John’s crew members include his son, Jason, a master diver with the occasional temper like his father. The men work for Panda Marine, an international diamond mining and exploration company specializing in marine mining. Diamond Divers will go into production this fall for a 2012 premiere.
Spike TV Orders 'Diamond Divers' Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest TV News
- Jenna Coleman To Return As ITV & PBS Bring Back Royal Drama ‘Victoria’
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…