EXCLUSIVE: Spike TV, which has built its unscripted brand on urban series like Auction Hunters, Repo Games and Bar Rescue, is heading for the open sea with Diamond Divers, a docu-series about men performing dangerous jobs in a rough environment that is in the vein of Discovery’s The Deadliest Catch and History’s Ice Road Truckers. Diamond Divers, which has received 10-episode order, hails from Undercover Boss producer Studio Lambert. It features a crew of rugged divers and sailors from Washington state who travel to the infamous Skeleton Coast off the dangerous coast of South Africa, renowned for shipwrecks, to mine for diamonds. The crew is led by Captain John, a big-game-hunting, Harley-Davidson-riding, hardscrabble, financially ambitious boat captain. John’s crew members include his son, Jason, a master diver with the occasional temper like his father. The men work for Panda Marine, an international diamond mining and exploration company specializing in marine mining. Diamond Divers will go into production this fall for a 2012 premiere.
Spike TV Orders 'Diamond Divers' Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed