EXCLUSIVE: Spike TV, which has built its unscripted brand on urban series like Auction Hunters, Repo Games and Bar Rescue, is heading for the open sea with Diamond Divers, a docu-series about men performing dangerous jobs in a rough environment that is in the vein of Discovery’s The Deadliest Catch and History’s Ice Road Truckers. Diamond Divers, which has received 10-episode order, hails from Undercover Boss producer Studio Lambert. It features a crew of rugged divers and sailors from Washington state who travel to the infamous Skeleton Coast off the dangerous coast of South Africa, renowned for shipwrecks, to mine for diamonds. The crew is led by Captain John, a big-game-hunting, Harley-Davidson-riding, hardscrabble, financially ambitious boat captain. John’s crew members include his son, Jason, a master diver with the occasional temper like his father. The men work for Panda Marine, an international diamond mining and exploration company specializing in marine mining. Diamond Divers will go into production this fall for a 2012 premiere.
Spike TV Orders 'Diamond Divers' Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report