EXCLUSIVE: Spike TV, which has built its unscripted brand on urban series like Auction Hunters, Repo Games and Bar Rescue, is heading for the open sea with Diamond Divers, a docu-series about men performing dangerous jobs in a rough environment that is in the vein of Discovery’s The Deadliest Catch and History’s Ice Road Truckers. Diamond Divers, which has received 10-episode order, hails from Undercover Boss producer Studio Lambert. It features a crew of rugged divers and sailors from Washington state who travel to the infamous Skeleton Coast off the dangerous coast of South Africa, renowned for shipwrecks, to mine for diamonds. The crew is led by Captain John, a big-game-hunting, Harley-Davidson-riding, hardscrabble, financially ambitious boat captain. John’s crew members include his son, Jason, a master diver with the occasional temper like his father. The men work for Panda Marine, an international diamond mining and exploration company specializing in marine mining. Diamond Divers will go into production this fall for a 2012 premiere.
Spike TV Orders 'Diamond Divers' Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles