EXCLUSIVE: Jai Courtney, who starred in the first season of the Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand, has landed a lead in One Shot, Paramount’s Christopher McQuarrie-directed drama based on the Lee Child-penned Jack Reacher novel series. In One Shot, Reacher investigates what seems like an open and shut case of a sniper who guns down five random victims. Reacher, teamed with a detective (Rosamund Pike) and uncovers a conspiracy. Courtney plays a highly trained sniper who is motivated to stop Reacher. Courtney starred in the first Spartacus season along with the late Andy Whitfield, a fellow Australian who took Courtney under his wing and got him signed by his manager, Sam Maydew, at The Collective. He’s repped by UTA and Australia-based Mark Morrissey.
Spartacus' Jai Courtney Takes On Tom Cruise In 'One Shot'
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Latest Film News
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Gregg Allman, Pillar of Namesake Southern Rock Band, Dies at 69
- Harvey Weinstein Lauds Certain Regard Jury For Spotlight On Native American Issues In ‘Wind River’ – Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Wind River’s Taylor Sheridan, ‘A Man Of Integrity’, ‘April’s Daughter’ & More…
- A24 Hits The Festivals & The Oscars With Diverse Slate And Savvy Digital Marketing Strategy — Deadline Disruptors
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Says Ahoy To $86.5M – Int’l Box Office Update