EXCLUSIVE: Jai Courtney, who starred in the first season of the Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand, has landed a lead in One Shot, Paramount’s Christopher McQuarrie-directed drama based on the Lee Child-penned Jack Reacher novel series. In One Shot, Reacher investigates what seems like an open and shut case of a sniper who guns down five random victims. Reacher, teamed with a detective (Rosamund Pike) and uncovers a conspiracy. Courtney plays a highly trained sniper who is motivated to stop Reacher. Courtney starred in the first Spartacus season along with the late Andy Whitfield, a fellow Australian who took Courtney under his wing and got him signed by his manager, Sam Maydew, at The Collective. He’s repped by UTA and Australia-based Mark Morrissey.
Spartacus' Jai Courtney Takes On Tom Cruise In 'One Shot'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’