EXCLUSIVE: Jai Courtney, who starred in the first season of the Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand, has landed a lead in One Shot, Paramount’s Christopher McQuarrie-directed drama based on the Lee Child-penned Jack Reacher novel series. In One Shot, Reacher investigates what seems like an open and shut case of a sniper who guns down five random victims. Reacher, teamed with a detective (Rosamund Pike) and uncovers a conspiracy. Courtney plays a highly trained sniper who is motivated to stop Reacher. Courtney starred in the first Spartacus season along with the late Andy Whitfield, a fellow Australian who took Courtney under his wing and got him signed by his manager, Sam Maydew, at The Collective. He’s repped by UTA and Australia-based Mark Morrissey.
Spartacus' Jai Courtney Takes On Tom Cruise In 'One Shot'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $26.5M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Friday
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $16M - Friday Matinees
Latest Film News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Targets $60M+; ‘Bad Moms’ Gets Sassy With $26.5M; ‘Nerve’ Holds Steady – Box Office…
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Anna Gunn Talks Starring In ‘Equity’, Working With Clint Eastwood & Rumors Of ‘Breaking Bad’ And ‘Deadwood…
- Marvel’s ‘Avengers 3’ Gets Official Title With Temp Name Hung On ‘Avengers 4’
- Animation Vets Launch Astro-Nomical Entertainment To Make Indie Toons
- Geoff Stults Jumps Into ‘Granite Mountain’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’