EXCLUSIVE: Jai Courtney, who starred in the first season of the Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand, has landed a lead in One Shot, Paramount’s Christopher McQuarrie-directed drama based on the Lee Child-penned Jack Reacher novel series. In One Shot, Reacher investigates what seems like an open and shut case of a sniper who guns down five random victims. Reacher, teamed with a detective (Rosamund Pike) and uncovers a conspiracy. Courtney plays a highly trained sniper who is motivated to stop Reacher. Courtney starred in the first Spartacus season along with the late Andy Whitfield, a fellow Australian who took Courtney under his wing and got him signed by his manager, Sam Maydew, at The Collective. He’s repped by UTA and Australia-based Mark Morrissey.
Spartacus' Jai Courtney Takes On Tom Cruise In 'One Shot'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster