EXCLUSIVE: Jai Courtney, who starred in the first season of the Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand, has landed a lead in One Shot, Paramount’s Christopher McQuarrie-directed drama based on the Lee Child-penned Jack Reacher novel series. In One Shot, Reacher investigates what seems like an open and shut case of a sniper who guns down five random victims. Reacher, teamed with a detective (Rosamund Pike) and uncovers a conspiracy. Courtney plays a highly trained sniper who is motivated to stop Reacher. Courtney starred in the first Spartacus season along with the late Andy Whitfield, a fellow Australian who took Courtney under his wing and got him signed by his manager, Sam Maydew, at The Collective. He’s repped by UTA and Australia-based Mark Morrissey.
Spartacus' Jai Courtney Takes On Tom Cruise In 'One Shot'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- IM Global Boards Drake Doremus’ Love Story ‘Zoe,’ Starring Charlie Hunnam & Léa Seydoux
- Innovative Artists Says “Sorry” To Warner Bros Over Screener Piracy Lawsuit
- Jack O’Connell Cast As Alexander McQueen In Pathé’s Untitled Biopic
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31.5M But ‘Mechanic’ Throws Wrench Into China – Intl Box Office
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception