EXCLUSIVE: Jai Courtney, who starred in the first season of the Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand, has landed a lead in One Shot, Paramount’s Christopher McQuarrie-directed drama based on the Lee Child-penned Jack Reacher novel series. In One Shot, Reacher investigates what seems like an open and shut case of a sniper who guns down five random victims. Reacher, teamed with a detective (Rosamund Pike) and uncovers a conspiracy. Courtney plays a highly trained sniper who is motivated to stop Reacher. Courtney starred in the first Spartacus season along with the late Andy Whitfield, a fellow Australian who took Courtney under his wing and got him signed by his manager, Sam Maydew, at The Collective. He’s repped by UTA and Australia-based Mark Morrissey.
Spartacus' Jai Courtney Takes On Tom Cruise In 'One Shot'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Sony Pictures Classics Lands Watergate Scandal Film 'The Silent Man'; Liam Neeson As 'Deep Throat' Mark Felt
Latest Film News
- Bona Film Group & CAA Say They Are Partnering On Film Fund Worth $150M
- Blake Lively To Star In ‘The Husband’s Secret’ For CBS Films
- Eva Longoria Joins ‘Overboard’ Remake From MGM & Pantelion Films
- ‘Wind River’ Trailer: Jeremy Renner & Elizabeth Olsen Team To Track Down A Predator
- Vertical Entertainment Takes U.S. For ‘Hollow In The Land’ – Cannes
- Mr. Hanks Goes To Washington: Tom, Meryl & Spielberg Research ‘Post’ Film