EXCLUSIVE: Jai Courtney, who starred in the first season of the Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand, has landed a lead in One Shot, Paramount’s Christopher McQuarrie-directed drama based on the Lee Child-penned Jack Reacher novel series. In One Shot, Reacher investigates what seems like an open and shut case of a sniper who guns down five random victims. Reacher, teamed with a detective (Rosamund Pike) and uncovers a conspiracy. Courtney plays a highly trained sniper who is motivated to stop Reacher. Courtney starred in the first Spartacus season along with the late Andy Whitfield, a fellow Australian who took Courtney under his wing and got him signed by his manager, Sam Maydew, at The Collective. He’s repped by UTA and Australia-based Mark Morrissey.
Spartacus' Jai Courtney Takes On Tom Cruise In 'One Shot'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Moonbase 8' Comedy From Fred Armisen, Tim Heidecker, Jonathan Krisel & John C. Reilly In Works By A24
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Burbank Hits Vegas As Disney Reigns With Billion-Dollar Hits & Warner Bros Brings Out The Most Stars Ever – CinemaCon
- ‘Mowgli’, Warner Bros’ Long-In-Works ‘Jungle Book’ Film, Gets First-Look Teaser – CinemaCon
- ‘Smallfoot’ Trailer: Warner Animation Pic Breaks The Ice At CinemaCon
- ‘A Star Is Born’ With Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper Gets First Look – CinemaCon
- ‘Aquaman’ Work-In-Progress Teaser, Bits Of ‘Shazam!’ Shown At Warner Bros’ CinemaCon Panel
- Latest Bankruptcy Filings Reveal Extent Of Weinstein Co. Woes