EXCLUSIVE: Rapper Snoop Dogg will star in biopic The Legend of Fillmore Slim, announced today by Ames Universal and SRI Entertainment. Fillmore Slim — real name Clarence Sims — is a blues singer and guitarist. During the 1960s and ’70s, he was also a well-known pimp in San Francisco, referred to as “The West Coast Godfather of the Game” and “The Pope of Pimping.” Shelly Liebowitz is executive producing. Alan Ames, who is co-producing with Wayne Anderson, produces the syndicated TV series Texas Roadhouse Live. He was approached by Sims’ daughter Rebecca, who helped put the project together. Carole Parker is writing the screenplay. “This film will span decades,” said Ames, “from Slim’s emergence as a musician, to his fascination with the fast life, through his years of incarceration and his redemption.” Sims, now 77 years old, is currently touring. Hawthorne James will direct the film. Pre-production is to begin in December, with a March start date targeted.
Snoop Dogg To Topline Fillmore Slim Biopic
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest Film News
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date