Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Tide Rises & Drowns 'Keanu', 'Mother's Day' & 'Ratchet & Clank' - Saturday Night Update
Obama's Final White House Correspondents' Dinner Kicks Off With Will Smith, Priyanka Chopra, Bryan Cranston, WME & UTA Brass
Latest Film News
- ‘Jungle Book’ Tide Rises & Drowns ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’ – Saturday Night…
- Watch Obama Blast Trump, Clinton & CNN At Final White House Correspondents’ Dinner – Update
- Geno Havens Dies; ‘The Jerk,’ ‘Switchblade Sisters’ Casting Director Was 75
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Swings Past $600M Global; Crossing $400M Overseas Today
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Shoots To $84M In 3 Days At Offshore Box Office – Saturday Update
- Politics, Legends, Lassie And Lollobrigida Share The Spotlight As TCM Classic Film Festival Gets Rolling In Hollywood