Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Michael Ovitz & Ron Meyer Discuss Bill Haber, Malibu And Their CAA Split
- Viacom Hits Debt Market With $1.3B Offering
- Peter Bart: ‘French Connection’ Anniversary Reminds Industry Of ’70s Devil-May-Care Filmmaking Approach
- Elisabeth Shue Joins Eli Roth’s ‘Death Wish’
- NYC Film Office Launches Effort To Boost Women Filmmakers
- Jill Kelley & The Scandal That Toppled CIA Chief David Petraeus In TV Series Talks