Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Super Bowl Teaser: Short, Sweet, Punching
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Super Bowl Spot: Multi-Media In The Rain Forest
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Trailer: Kind Of Like ‘Close Encounters’?
- ‘Deadpool’ Super Bowl Trailer: Snark And Bloodshed
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Super Bowl TV Spot: “You Chose The Wrong Side”
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66