Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Helen Mirren Film 'Woman In Gold' Aims For New Respect After Critical Brickbats At Berlin Film Festival
Latest Film News
- DWA Poised For A ‘Home’ Run With $55.5M Bow; ‘Get Hard’ Gets Rich With $36.3M – Saturday…
- Helen Mirren Film ‘Woman In Gold’ Aims For New Respect After Critical Brickbats At Berlin Film Festival
- Aimee Teegarden Joins Paramount’s ‘Rings'; Clemens Schick To Menace ‘The Lake’
- ‘Spectre’ Trailer: Daniel Craig’s 007 Catches Up With His Past
- Rooney Frontman Robert Schwartzman Makes Helming Debut On ‘MF’
- ‘Home’ Review: Jim Parsons & Rihanna Team For Fun Frenetic Family Ride