Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- Max Winkler’s Teenage Comedy ‘Flower’ Plants Itself At The Orchard – Tribeca