Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Song to Song' Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle
Latest Film News
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project Goes West
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 1: Casey Affleck, Denzel Washington, Pharrell Williams, Damien Chazelle & More
- ‘Song to Song’ Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle
- Berlin Film Fest: Hungarian ‘On Body And Soul’ Wins Golden Bear – Complete Winners List
- Encore: Taylor Sheridan & David Mackenzie On Raising ‘Hell Or High Water’: “It’s About Fatherhood At The End Of The Day”…