Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Found Guilty In Sexual Assault Retrial, Lashes Out In Court After Verdict; Defense Plans Appeal - Update
'Suits' Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle's Exits, New Twist, Season 8 & Spinoff Details
'Mission: Impossible - Fallout': Tom Cruise Jumped Out Of Plane 106 Times For Skydive Stunt - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- 20th Century Fox Gets Emotional In Powerful Show As Much About Its Past As It Was About The Future – CinemaCon
- Peter Bart: Inspiration Or Anomaly? What Studios Can Learn From John Krasinski’s PG-13 Sleeper ‘A Quiet Place’
- ‘Leave No Trace’ From ‘Winter’s Bone’ Director Debra Granik Bows First Trailer
- Fox Introduces CtrlMovie Tech With Eye On ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ Pic – CinemaCon
- Sebastian Maniscalco To Co-Write, Star In Lionsgate Comedy
- Rami Malek Embodies Freddie Mercury’s Humanity In ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Trailer – Fox CinemaCon