Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek'; China Loves 'Skiptrace' - Int'l Box Office Sunday
Latest Film News
- ‘47 Meters Down’: Freestyle Snaps Up Pic From Dimension Films
- Alibaba Pictures Launching $300 Million Investment Fund
- Redbox Owner To Be Bought By Private Equity Group For $1.6B
- AMC Theatres Blinks: Raises Carmike Offer Ahead Of Shareholder Vote
- Chinese Authorities Crack Down On Online News Reporting
- Canada’s Arcana Studios & China’s Yisang Media Team For Toon Feature ‘Pandy’ – Comic-Con