Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jennifer Lawrence Presses Case On Equal Pay For Actresses
- ‘Resident Evil’ Stuntwoman Injured On Set Out Of Coma – Update
- Patrizia Von Brandenstein To Receive Art Directors Guild’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- Big Names Perform Unproduced Scripts By Welles, Hitchcock & Others On BBC Radio – Global Briefs
- ‘Truth’ Review: Not A False Note In Film That Puts ‘60 Minutes’ Under The Knife
- Charlize Theron Prompts Protagonist Gender Change For Sony’s ‘The Gray Man’