Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From Team
- Pierce Brosnan Super Bowl Ad Pokes Fun At Dashing Danger-Guy Image – Video
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Cast Finalized, Finally, As Shooting Begins
- Conde Nast Picks Up Three Sundance Shorts
- ‘Strange Inheritance’ Bestows Record Ratings On Fox Business Network
- ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Teaser: First Look At Netflix Series That Reunites Movie’s Cast
- Jerry Ferrara To Co-Star In Starz’s ‘Power’ Season 2