Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Firing Off $90M, 'Alice' Taking A Spill With $40M Over 4-Day Memorial Day Holiday - Noon Update
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest Film News
- ‘Carnage Park’ Gets Summer Release Date From IFC Midnight
- Johnny Depp’s Wife Amber Heard Granted Restraining Order As Disney’s ‘Alice’ Bows
- Thora Birch, Johnny Knoxville Join Phillip Noyce’s ‘Above Suspicion’
- ‘Warcraft’ Game With $9.3M Start In Early Offshore Openings – Intl Box Office
- Angela Paton Dies: ‘Groundhog Day’ Actress Was 86
- John Ortiz Joins Search For ‘God Particle’; WWE Studios & Sony Tag-Team On ‘The Marine 5: Battleground…