Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
'Bourne' Back At #1; 'Ice Age' Skates Across $300M Offshore; 'Pets' Prances Past $700M WW - Intl Box Office
Cars Damaged During 'Leisure Seeker' Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles -- Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Team Thor’: See What The God Of Thunder Was Up To During ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- ‘Bourne’ Back At #1; ‘Ice Age’ Skates Across $300M Offshore; ‘Pets’ Prances Past $700M WW – Intl…
- Cars Damaged During ‘Leisure Seeker’ Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles — Update
- Werner Herzog Says He Teaches Film Students “Sacred Rite Of Trespassing”
- ‘Southside With You' Has Solid Debut Weekend Date: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After ‘Sausage Party’, ‘Shallows’…