Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: Johnny Depp, Natalie Portman Drive Tempting Packages As Strike Talk Looms
- George Lucas Family Foundation Donates An Additional $10M To USC In Support of Student Diversity
- ‘The Boss Baby’ Review: Alec Baldwin Is Newborn On A Mission In Funny & Frenetic Toon
- Roman Polanski Lashes Out As Judge Ponders Possible U.S. Return
- ‘Ness’ Locks Up Paul Greengrass And Brian Helgeland For Paramount Pictures
- Jim Gianopulos Takes Reins Of Paramount As Chairman & CEO