Paramount has unveiled a marketing plan to raise awareness for its Footloose remake. The studio will host exclusive free advance screenings of director Craig Brewer’s update in 26 theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, Sept. 30 — two weeks ahead of the film’s Oct. 14 nationwide release. Los Angeles, New York and Toronto are among the cities to get the screenings of the movie, which stars Kenny Wormwald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid. The promotion, which Paramount is calling “Footloose Friday,” encourages fans to get the word out following the sneak peeks via Twitter in hopes that those moviegoers eager to turn out for the freebie are the same ones that are fans of the franchise and therefore more likely to react positively.
Advance Screenings Set For 'Footloose'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- North Korea's Internet, Mobile Networks “Paralyzed” Again, China's News Agency Reports
- North Korea Blames U.S. For Internet Outage, Calls Obama A “Monkey”
- 'The Interview' Available In Canada On Sony Site Powered By Kernel
- Veteran Producer Howard G. Barnes Dead At 100
- Neil Patrick Harris: “Watch Me Host The Oscars!” — Video
- 'The Interview' Hits Theaters: Alamo Drafthouse Austin Screenings Sold Out