Showtime has acquired Davis Guggenheim’s upcoming music documentary From The Sky Down, about the creation of U2’s acclaimed 1991 album Achtung Baby. The docu, which will premiere Thursday at the opening-night gala for the Toronto International Film Festival, will make its Showtime debut Oct. 29 to tie in with the 20th anniversary of the album’s release.
Showtime Acquires Davis Guggenheim's 'From The Sky Down' U2 Documentary
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Today’ Wins Week After Rio Games Wrap, But ‘CBS This Morning’ Shows Growth
- ‘Criminal Minds’: Paget Brewster Becomes Series Regular Again On CBS Drama
- ‘American Ninja Warrior’ Ratings Top Monday On Steady Night
- CBS Buys Corinne Kingsbury Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Sony Pictures TV Taps PMK-BNC Exec Stacy Weitz As VP Communications
- Fox News Dominates August But Down Vs. 2015; CNN No. 2 In News Demo, While MSNBC Takes Total Viewers