Shine Group is looking to give its TV properties a new platform with the acquisition of Bossa Studios, a London-based social gaming company. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed. Bossa is a new player in the space and just launched its first title today on Facebook; the plan going forward is to create games for Shine’s TV properties, which include everything from The Tudors to MasterChef and The Biggest Loser. “As a global content company, we are committed to producing exceptional experiences across multiple platforms,” Shine boss Elisabeth Murdoch said in a statement unveiling the deal today. “We have long identified social gaming as a critical component to this strategy.” The buy into the digital space is first for Murdoch’s Shine, which in February was purchased by Elisabeth’s father Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp for $680 million, a deal that critics — including some shareholder groups — argue was too rich and smacked of nepotism when it was revealed Elisabeth received $214 million in the sale. The backlash resulted in a shareholder lawsuit challenging the tie-up and Elisabeth opting to not take a seat on her father’s board of directors as planned.
Shine Group Buys Into Social Games Biz
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Path’ Renewed For Season 2 By Hulu
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date