Shine Group is looking to give its TV properties a new platform with the acquisition of Bossa Studios, a London-based social gaming company. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed. Bossa is a new player in the space and just launched its first title today on Facebook; the plan going forward is to create games for Shine’s TV properties, which include everything from The Tudors to MasterChef and The Biggest Loser. “As a global content company, we are committed to producing exceptional experiences across multiple platforms,” Shine boss Elisabeth Murdoch said in a statement unveiling the deal today. “We have long identified social gaming as a critical component to this strategy.” The buy into the digital space is first for Murdoch’s Shine, which in February was purchased by Elisabeth’s father Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp for $680 million, a deal that critics — including some shareholder groups — argue was too rich and smacked of nepotism when it was revealed Elisabeth received $214 million in the sale. The backlash resulted in a shareholder lawsuit challenging the tie-up and Elisabeth opting to not take a seat on her father’s board of directors as planned.
Shine Group Buys Into Social Games Biz
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?