Shine Group is looking to give its TV properties a new platform with the acquisition of Bossa Studios, a London-based social gaming company. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed. Bossa is a new player in the space and just launched its first title today on Facebook; the plan going forward is to create games for Shine’s TV properties, which include everything from The Tudors to MasterChef and The Biggest Loser. “As a global content company, we are committed to producing exceptional experiences across multiple platforms,” Shine boss Elisabeth Murdoch said in a statement unveiling the deal today. “We have long identified social gaming as a critical component to this strategy.” The buy into the digital space is first for Murdoch’s Shine, which in February was purchased by Elisabeth’s father Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp for $680 million, a deal that critics — including some shareholder groups — argue was too rich and smacked of nepotism when it was revealed Elisabeth received $214 million in the sale. The backlash resulted in a shareholder lawsuit challenging the tie-up and Elisabeth opting to not take a seat on her father’s board of directors as planned.
Shine Group Buys Into Social Games Biz
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest TV News
- Dwayne Johnson & Jimmy Fallon Reunite Military Family On ‘Tonight Show’; Real Tears Ensue
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy…
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…
- Jimmy Kimmel Skewers President Elect’s Domestic Policy With ‘Trump On A Stump’