EXCLUSIVE: After successfully adapting two young-adult book series for the CW — The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle — Kevin Williamson took out an original drama pitch this season. Now, after interest from multiple networks, that pitch just landed at Fox with a put pilot commitment. The untitled project, from Warner Bros TV and Williamson’s studio-based Outerbanks Entertainment, is described as an edge-of-the-seat thriller about a diabolical serial killer who uses technology to create a cult of serial killers, and the FBI agent who finds himself in the middle of it. Dawson’s Creek creator Williamson, whose writing debut was the 1996 serial killer/horror smash Scream that launched the movie franchise, will write and executive produce the Fox drama project. WME-repped Williamson is co-running Vampire Diaries with Julie Plec after the two developed the vampire drama together. He is shepherding Secret Circle with fellow executive producer Andrew Miller, who penned the original script for the show.
Serial Killer Drama From Kevin Williamson Lands At Fox With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir ‘Who Thought This Was A Good Idea…
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- GSN CEO David Goldhill Steps Down
- ‘Condor’ Adds Kate Vernon; Lyndie Greenwood Joins ‘Flint’
- Tony Vinciquerra & Sony: No Offer To Anyone Yet On CEO Post