EXCLUSIVE: After successfully adapting two young-adult book series for the CW — The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle — Kevin Williamson took out an original drama pitch this season. Now, after interest from multiple networks, that pitch just landed at Fox with a put pilot commitment. The untitled project, from Warner Bros TV and Williamson’s studio-based Outerbanks Entertainment, is described as an edge-of-the-seat thriller about a diabolical serial killer who uses technology to create a cult of serial killers, and the FBI agent who finds himself in the middle of it. Dawson’s Creek creator Williamson, whose writing debut was the 1996 serial killer/horror smash Scream that launched the movie franchise, will write and executive produce the Fox drama project. WME-repped Williamson is co-running Vampire Diaries with Julie Plec after the two developed the vampire drama together. He is shepherding Secret Circle with fellow executive producer Andrew Miller, who penned the original script for the show.
Serial Killer Drama From Kevin Williamson Lands At Fox With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- Jimmy Perry Dies: British TV Writer-Creator Was 93
- Cubs’ Game 6 NLCS Win Over Dodgers A Home Run For Fox Sports
- Dan Rather Probes ‘Trump Nation’ Week Before Election On Mark Cuban’s AXS-TV