EXCLUSIVE: After successfully adapting two young-adult book series for the CW — The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle — Kevin Williamson took out an original drama pitch this season. Now, after interest from multiple networks, that pitch just landed at Fox with a put pilot commitment. The untitled project, from Warner Bros TV and Williamson’s studio-based Outerbanks Entertainment, is described as an edge-of-the-seat thriller about a diabolical serial killer who uses technology to create a cult of serial killers, and the FBI agent who finds himself in the middle of it. Dawson’s Creek creator Williamson, whose writing debut was the 1996 serial killer/horror smash Scream that launched the movie franchise, will write and executive produce the Fox drama project. WME-repped Williamson is co-running Vampire Diaries with Julie Plec after the two developed the vampire drama together. He is shepherding Secret Circle with fellow executive producer Andrew Miller, who penned the original script for the show.
Serial Killer Drama From Kevin Williamson Lands At Fox With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Says Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo