EXCLUSIVE: After successfully adapting two young-adult book series for the CW — The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle — Kevin Williamson took out an original drama pitch this season. Now, after interest from multiple networks, that pitch just landed at Fox with a put pilot commitment. The untitled project, from Warner Bros TV and Williamson’s studio-based Outerbanks Entertainment, is described as an edge-of-the-seat thriller about a diabolical serial killer who uses technology to create a cult of serial killers, and the FBI agent who finds himself in the middle of it. Dawson’s Creek creator Williamson, whose writing debut was the 1996 serial killer/horror smash Scream that launched the movie franchise, will write and executive produce the Fox drama project. WME-repped Williamson is co-running Vampire Diaries with Julie Plec after the two developed the vampire drama together. He is shepherding Secret Circle with fellow executive producer Andrew Miller, who penned the original script for the show.
Serial Killer Drama From Kevin Williamson Lands At Fox With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Kate Del Castillo Netflix Series ‘Ingobernable’ To Film In U.S.
- Hulu Confirms Skinny Bundle & Live Nation Concert Deal – Newfront
- Stacey Dash Cast As Chicago Mayor In ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’ Amid Slew Of Cameos
- Telemundo Studios Promotes Two Key Scripted Executives
- Hulu Renews ‘Mindy Project’ For Season 5, Orders New Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Election Special & More…
- Hulu Acquires Ron Howard’s Beatles Documentary To Launch Docu Films Arm