Summer staples America’s Got Talent and Big Brother moved in opposite ratings directions last night. NBC’s Talent results show (2.8/8, 11.8 million viewers) at 9 PM was up 12% from its fast national 18-49 number last week (up 8% from the finals as the reality series always gets adjusted up). Its lead-in, Minute to Win It (1.3/4) was down a tenth. Meanwhile, CBS’ Big Brother (2.8/9) at 9 PM was down 12% from its season high last week to tie Talent as the highest-rated program of the night. NBC (1.9/5, 7.9 million) also tied CBS (1.9/5, 6.5 million) in the demo for the night while finishing No. 1 in viewers. There was encouraging news for Fox’s underperforming new reality series Buried Treasure (1.2/4), which was up 20% from last week to a series high. ABC’s special Primetime Nightline: My Extra Ordinary Family posted a 1.4/4 18-49 rating at 10 PM.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Talent' And 'Buried Treasure' Rise, 'Big Brother' Slips
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Latest TV News
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes, Threatens Others