Summer staples America’s Got Talent and Big Brother moved in opposite ratings directions last night. NBC’s Talent results show (2.8/8, 11.8 million viewers) at 9 PM was up 12% from its fast national 18-49 number last week (up 8% from the finals as the reality series always gets adjusted up). Its lead-in, Minute to Win It (1.3/4) was down a tenth. Meanwhile, CBS’ Big Brother (2.8/9) at 9 PM was down 12% from its season high last week to tie Talent as the highest-rated program of the night. NBC (1.9/5, 7.9 million) also tied CBS (1.9/5, 6.5 million) in the demo for the night while finishing No. 1 in viewers. There was encouraging news for Fox’s underperforming new reality series Buried Treasure (1.2/4), which was up 20% from last week to a series high. ABC’s special Primetime Nightline: My Extra Ordinary Family posted a 1.4/4 18-49 rating at 10 PM.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Talent' And 'Buried Treasure' Rise, 'Big Brother' Slips
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest TV News
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down As Raiders Score Close Win Over Chiefs
- Tracy Morgan Talks Brooklyn Gentrification, Halloween Costume With Jimmy Kimmel
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…