Summer staples America’s Got Talent and Big Brother moved in opposite ratings directions last night. NBC’s Talent results show (2.8/8, 11.8 million viewers) at 9 PM was up 12% from its fast national 18-49 number last week (up 8% from the finals as the reality series always gets adjusted up). Its lead-in, Minute to Win It (1.3/4) was down a tenth. Meanwhile, CBS’ Big Brother (2.8/9) at 9 PM was down 12% from its season high last week to tie Talent as the highest-rated program of the night. NBC (1.9/5, 7.9 million) also tied CBS (1.9/5, 6.5 million) in the demo for the night while finishing No. 1 in viewers. There was encouraging news for Fox’s underperforming new reality series Buried Treasure (1.2/4), which was up 20% from last week to a series high. ABC’s special Primetime Nightline: My Extra Ordinary Family posted a 1.4/4 18-49 rating at 10 PM.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Talent' And 'Buried Treasure' Rise, 'Big Brother' Slips
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline