EXCLUSIVE: The L Word creator Ilene Chaiken has teamed with director-producer Joel Silver for a character-driven procedural which, in a competitive situation, landed at CBS with a put pilot commitment. Chaiken will write the drama, centered on an edgy punk hacker girl who teams up with an Oakland police detective to solve crimes. Chaiken and Silver will executive produce with Silver for Warner Bros. TV where Silver’s TV company is based. The deal reunites Chaiken, Silver and CBS. Last season, Chaiken served as executive producer/showrunner on the Silver-produced pilot for CBS Hail Mary. The deal keeps WME-repped Chaiken in the CBS family. She spent the past 8 years at Showtime working on her drama The L Word and its reality offshoot. Silver has a long history at CBS where he produced the cult vampire series Moonlight and, most recently, the Minnie Drive-starring Hail Mary.
Procedural Drama From Ilene Chaiken & Joel Silver Gets Put Pilot Commitment At CBS
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'
- Fall 2014 Preview: Cloudy Ratings Forecast & Where The Networks Stand
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project
- HBO Developing 'The Commissar's Report' Russian Spy Series From Martyn Burke