EXCLUSIVE: The L Word creator Ilene Chaiken has teamed with director-producer Joel Silver for a character-driven procedural which, in a competitive situation, landed at CBS with a put pilot commitment. Chaiken will write the drama, centered on an edgy punk hacker girl who teams up with an Oakland police detective to solve crimes. Chaiken and Silver will executive produce with Silver for Warner Bros. TV where Silver’s TV company is based. The deal reunites Chaiken, Silver and CBS. Last season, Chaiken served as executive producer/showrunner on the Silver-produced pilot for CBS Hail Mary. The deal keeps WME-repped Chaiken in the CBS family. She spent the past 8 years at Showtime working on her drama The L Word and its reality offshoot. Silver has a long history at CBS where he produced the cult vampire series Moonlight and, most recently, the Minnie Drive-starring Hail Mary.
Procedural Drama From Ilene Chaiken & Joel Silver Gets Put Pilot Commitment At CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Viceland Taps Marc Liepis As VP Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90
- Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2
- Michael Phelps Dives Into ‘America’s Got Talent’ Co-Hosting Gig Tonight
- BBC America To Air ‘Star Trek’ Marathon In Runup To ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere