EXCLUSIVE: The L Word creator Ilene Chaiken has teamed with director-producer Joel Silver for a character-driven procedural which, in a competitive situation, landed at CBS with a put pilot commitment. Chaiken will write the drama, centered on an edgy punk hacker girl who teams up with an Oakland police detective to solve crimes. Chaiken and Silver will executive produce with Silver for Warner Bros. TV where Silver’s TV company is based. The deal reunites Chaiken, Silver and CBS. Last season, Chaiken served as executive producer/showrunner on the Silver-produced pilot for CBS Hail Mary. The deal keeps WME-repped Chaiken in the CBS family. She spent the past 8 years at Showtime working on her drama The L Word and its reality offshoot. Silver has a long history at CBS where he produced the cult vampire series Moonlight and, most recently, the Minnie Drive-starring Hail Mary.
Procedural Drama From Ilene Chaiken & Joel Silver Gets Put Pilot Commitment At CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot