EXCLUSIVE: The L Word creator Ilene Chaiken has teamed with director-producer Joel Silver for a character-driven procedural which, in a competitive situation, landed at CBS with a put pilot commitment. Chaiken will write the drama, centered on an edgy punk hacker girl who teams up with an Oakland police detective to solve crimes. Chaiken and Silver will executive produce with Silver for Warner Bros. TV where Silver’s TV company is based. The deal reunites Chaiken, Silver and CBS. Last season, Chaiken served as executive producer/showrunner on the Silver-produced pilot for CBS Hail Mary. The deal keeps WME-repped Chaiken in the CBS family. She spent the past 8 years at Showtime working on her drama The L Word and its reality offshoot. Silver has a long history at CBS where he produced the cult vampire series Moonlight and, most recently, the Minnie Drive-starring Hail Mary.
Procedural Drama From Ilene Chaiken & Joel Silver Gets Put Pilot Commitment At CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'