EXCLUSIVE: Producer Paula Wagner has optioned rights to the Trisha Ventker book Internet Dates From Hell. The option covers film, TV and stage rights. The book was published through iUniverse, a self-publishing imprint of Author Solutions, and the deal came out of the author taking part in Author Solutions’ first Book-to-Screen PitchFest. After Ventker got good reaction, the book was brought to Wagner by Author Solutions director of new media Marcus Chait. The author pitched via Skype and they made a deal. Ventker is a kindergarten teacher from Long Island who moved to New York City on her 30th birthday to find the man of her dreams through a number of online dating websites. Said Wagner: “I’m always looking for projects with real audience appeal, and with Internet dating being such a part of our technocentric world, I was immediately drawn to Trisha’s personal journey of life and love online.”
Paula Wagner Options 'Internet Dates From Hell'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'