EXCLUSIVE: Producer Paula Wagner has optioned rights to the Trisha Ventker book Internet Dates From Hell. The option covers film, TV and stage rights. The book was published through iUniverse, a self-publishing imprint of Author Solutions, and the deal came out of the author taking part in Author Solutions’ first Book-to-Screen PitchFest. After Ventker got good reaction, the book was brought to Wagner by Author Solutions director of new media Marcus Chait. The author pitched via Skype and they made a deal. Ventker is a kindergarten teacher from Long Island who moved to New York City on her 30th birthday to find the man of her dreams through a number of online dating websites. Said Wagner: “I’m always looking for projects with real audience appeal, and with Internet dating being such a part of our technocentric world, I was immediately drawn to Trisha’s personal journey of life and love online.”
Paula Wagner Options 'Internet Dates From Hell'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Snoop Dogg & Daz Dillinger Fire Up Drama Series Based On Their Early Days
- E/F/O, Tri G Co-Finance De Niro-Starrer ‘The War With Grandpa’ With Marro Films; Uma Thurman, Rob Riggle…
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Kathryn Newton, Gideon Adlon & Geraldine Viswanathan Make ‘The Pact’
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Over Five Newcomers With $38.4M; Second Frame Down 61% – Final B.O.
- Estonian Folk Tale ‘November’ Acquired By Oscilloscope – Tribeca
- ‘Aardvark’ Producer-Star Zachary Quinto On Film’s “Valiant” Exploration Of Mental Illness…