EXCLUSIVE: Producer Paula Wagner has optioned rights to the Trisha Ventker book Internet Dates From Hell. The option covers film, TV and stage rights. The book was published through iUniverse, a self-publishing imprint of Author Solutions, and the deal came out of the author taking part in Author Solutions’ first Book-to-Screen PitchFest. After Ventker got good reaction, the book was brought to Wagner by Author Solutions director of new media Marcus Chait. The author pitched via Skype and they made a deal. Ventker is a kindergarten teacher from Long Island who moved to New York City on her 30th birthday to find the man of her dreams through a number of online dating websites. Said Wagner: “I’m always looking for projects with real audience appeal, and with Internet dating being such a part of our technocentric world, I was immediately drawn to Trisha’s personal journey of life and love online.”
Paula Wagner Options 'Internet Dates From Hell'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest Film News
- ‘Dunkirk’ Flying To $51M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Driving To $29M+; ‘Valerian’ Still A Disaster With…
- ‘The Gift’: Patrick Stewart, Katie Holmes & Giancarlo Esposito Wrapping In Montreal
- ‘Shot Caller’ Review: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Plays A Game Of Survival In Gripping Prison…
- Blumhouse & Todd McFarlane Team For ‘Spawn’ Movie – Comic-Con
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's Hollywood Renaissance?
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’