EXCLUSIVE: Producer Paula Wagner has optioned rights to the Trisha Ventker book Internet Dates From Hell. The option covers film, TV and stage rights. The book was published through iUniverse, a self-publishing imprint of Author Solutions, and the deal came out of the author taking part in Author Solutions’ first Book-to-Screen PitchFest. After Ventker got good reaction, the book was brought to Wagner by Author Solutions director of new media Marcus Chait. The author pitched via Skype and they made a deal. Ventker is a kindergarten teacher from Long Island who moved to New York City on her 30th birthday to find the man of her dreams through a number of online dating websites. Said Wagner: “I’m always looking for projects with real audience appeal, and with Internet dating being such a part of our technocentric world, I was immediately drawn to Trisha’s personal journey of life and love online.”
Paula Wagner Options 'Internet Dates From Hell'
What's Hot on Deadline
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Still Rusty At $63M+; ‘Wonder Woman’ Soars Past $300M – Saturday AM Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension