Oxygen has greenlighted Best Ink, a competition reality series featuring 10 tattoo artists competing for a cash prize. The hourlong project, originally announced as in development at Oxygen’s upfront in April, has received an eight-episode order for a winter premiere. Former American Idol contestant Kimberly Caldwell, described as a “tattoo fanatic,” has been tapped as host. Tattoo artist Joe Capobianco will serve as a head judge, joined by model/tattoo-shop owner Sabina Kelley. Bunim/Murray is producing, with Jonathan Murray, Gil Goldschein and Rico Martinez serving as executive producers.
Oxygen Picks Up 'Best Ink' To Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21