Oxygen has greenlighted Best Ink, a competition reality series featuring 10 tattoo artists competing for a cash prize. The hourlong project, originally announced as in development at Oxygen’s upfront in April, has received an eight-episode order for a winter premiere. Former American Idol contestant Kimberly Caldwell, described as a “tattoo fanatic,” has been tapped as host. Tattoo artist Joe Capobianco will serve as a head judge, joined by model/tattoo-shop owner Sabina Kelley. Bunim/Murray is producing, with Jonathan Murray, Gil Goldschein and Rico Martinez serving as executive producers.
Oxygen Picks Up 'Best Ink' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series