I hear HBO is nearing a pilot order for The Corrections, a drama series project from filmmaker Noah Baumbach based on Jonathan Franzen’s book of the same name. Top film producer Scott Rudin, who has been developing the project for a decade, originally as a feature, is executive producing with Baumbach and Franzen, and I hear Anthony Hopkins has expressed interest in playing the male lead and will be meeting with the producers. Baumbach and Franzen co-wrote the adaptation of Franzen’s book, with Baumbach also attached to direct. Franzen’s 2001 novel, which won the National Book Award and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize, revolves around the troubles of an elderly Midwestern couple and their three adult children, tracing their lives from the mid-twentieth century to “one last Christmas” together near the turn of the millennium. Rudin and Baumbach have worked together on 4 features, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Margot at the Wedding, Fantastic Mr. Fox and Greenberg. This would be the second HBO pilot executive produced by Rudin. He is also behind Aaron Sorkin’s More As This Story Develops, which is nearing a series order. Additionally, he is exec producing a Cynthia Mort half-hour project, now in development.
Noah Baumbach's & Scott Rudin's 'The Corrections' Adaptation Nears Pilot Pickup At HBO, Anthony Hopkins Circling
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- Chuck Schumer Demands House Dump Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes After White House Deflects Questions
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Draws Nearly 1M Viewers In VH1 Debut
- OWN Sets Docuseries ‘Released’ & ‘Checking Inn’ For Saturday Nights This Fall
- Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine’s Show Only Because He Is Fan, “Plain And Simple”
- ‘Arrow’: Katie Cassidy To Return As Black Siren, Will Be Regular In Season 6
- NFL Approves Raiders Move To Las Vegas For 2019 Season