I hear HBO is nearing a pilot order for The Corrections, a drama series project from filmmaker Noah Baumbach based on Jonathan Franzen’s book of the same name. Top film producer Scott Rudin, who has been developing the project for a decade, originally as a feature, is executive producing with Baumbach and Franzen, and I hear Anthony Hopkins has expressed interest in playing the male lead and will be meeting with the producers. Baumbach and Franzen co-wrote the adaptation of Franzen’s book, with Baumbach also attached to direct. Franzen’s 2001 novel, which won the National Book Award and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize, revolves around the troubles of an elderly Midwestern couple and their three adult children, tracing their lives from the mid-twentieth century to “one last Christmas” together near the turn of the millennium. Rudin and Baumbach have worked together on 4 features, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Margot at the Wedding, Fantastic Mr. Fox and Greenberg. This would be the second HBO pilot executive produced by Rudin. He is also behind Aaron Sorkin’s More As This Story Develops, which is nearing a series order. Additionally, he is exec producing a Cynthia Mort half-hour project, now in development.
Noah Baumbach's & Scott Rudin's 'The Corrections' Adaptation Nears Pilot Pickup At HBO, Anthony Hopkins Circling
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online
- Alabama Votes Dem Doug Jones To U.S. Senate In Stunning Upset