Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More
- Nate Parker’s Next Gig: ‘Black & Blue,’ Feature About LAPD Hero Ralph Waddy
- ‘Superfly’ Trailer: Director X Moves The Action To Atlanta
- Pablo Larrain’s ‘The True American’ Talks Are With Amazon, Not Annapurna
- One To Watch: Can Hero-Obsessed Hollywood Make Room For Aspiring Actor Spencer Stone, The Guy Who Dropped That Terrorist On…