Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- AT&T Hello Lab Launches Mentorship Program With Big Names
- Russell Brand To Speak At Edinburgh TV Fest; Discovery & Atari Launch New Game Show – Global Briefs
- Hollywood Auditing China Box Office In First Look At Middle Kingdom Books
- Josh Duhamel To Make Directing Debut On WWE Studios’ ‘The Buddy Games’
- ‘Fahrenheit 451’: Laura Harrier Cast As Millie In HBO Movie
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Review: All Hail Caesar In Summer’s Crown Jewel Blockbuster