Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Conan Brings Back ‘Puppy Conan’ For Super Bowl – Video
- Disney Junior Launching ‘Sofia The First’ Spinoff ‘Elena Of Avalor’ In 2016
- Bravo’s ‘Top Chef’ Renewed For 13th Season
- Oscars: Tim McGraw To Perform Best Song Nominee “I’m Not Gonna Miss You’
- Focus World Cuffs ‘Cop Car'; ARC Bites ‘Walking Deceased'; Cinedigm Inks With Brand Inc
- Paul Scheer Heads To ‘Daddy’s Home’, Joins Brian Huskey In Musical ‘One Shot’