Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Unbanned: The Legend Of AJ1’ Trailer Looks At Sneaker Culture
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Crossing $900M WW Box Office This Weekend
- Three Billboards From Florida To England: Movie’s Protest Tactic Spreads
- ‘Black Panther’ Rises To $82M Through Friday; $150M+ Weekend In Sight – International Box Office
- ‘Cuban Food Stories’ First Teaser: Asori Soto’s Road Trip Food Adventure – Berlin
- Highland Boards Mel Gibson & Frank Grillo’s Action Drama ‘Boss Level’