Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Horrible Bosses 2′ Trailer: Chris Pine, Christoph Waltz Do Bad Biz In Sequel
- UPDATE: Teresa Palmer Joins Benjamin Walker In 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Fox News Channel Tops Cable Primetime Ratings In Third Quarter
- Alec Baldwin & Kevin Spacey To Star In 'Boss Baby' For DreamWorks Animation; Three Join 'A Monster Calls'
- Tracy Morgan Blasts Walmart After Retailer Blames Him For Not Wearing Seatbelt When Driver Rear-Ended His Limo