Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
'Saturday Night Live' Taps Heidi Gardner, Luke Null & Chris Redd As New Cast Members, Adds 7 Writers For Season 43
Latest Film News
- ‘13 Reasons Why’s Anne Winters Joins ‘Night School’; ‘Trial By Fire’ Adds Jade Pettyjohn
- Oriental DreamWorks Names Peilin Chou As CCO; Designs Robust Animation Slate
- WME Signs ‘Five Fingers For Marseilles’ Duo Michael Matthews & Sean Drummond
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Martin Scorsese Ride Again On Teddy Roosevelt Pic At Paramount
- ‘A Country Of Strangers,’ Black List Script To Be Produced By Phoenix Pictures
- Rosa Parks Movie Focused On Her Early Activism In Works From Director Julie Dash & Invisible Pictures