Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video
- Legendary Options Andrew Pyper's 'The Damned'