Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Smacking Christian Grey's February Records With $47.5M+ Friday, Amazing $129M-$136M 4-day
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Film News
- Paramount Closes Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- Vertical Entertainment Catches Worldwide Rights To Baseball Pic ‘Undrafted’
- Nigel Lythgoe To Exec Produce Dance Pic ‘Tackling Romeo’ – Berlin
- Focus Features Makes Big Berlin Deal; $9 Million For Interracial Marriage Drama ‘Loving’
- Rob Cohen’s ‘Category 5’ Sees Storm Of Sales Action For Foresight – Berlin
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin