Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Set To Honor ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects