Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Beatriz At Dinner’ Clip: Salma Hayek & John Lithgow’s Sundance Movie Offers Food For Thought
- ‘The Comedian’ Exclusive Clip: Robert De Niro Meets The Parent – Harvey Keitel
- Chris Columbus Boards Sundance Pic ‘Menashe’ As EP
- Benelux Distributor The Searchers Signs Slate Co-Financing Deal With Anton Corp.
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $27M+ Weekend, ‘Rogue’ Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday…
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA