Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans & Henry Cavill Suit Up For War Drama ‘Sand Castle’; Mark Gordon Co, Treehouse Producing
Latest Film News
- ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Stuntman Slaps Age-Discrimination Suit On Sony, Marvel & Others
- Hollywood Accused Of "White-Washing" Roles Meant For Asians
- Frank Langella Inks With ICM Partners & Circle Of Confusion
- Stan Lee & William Shatner To Unveil Collaboration At Comikaze 2015; ‘Nocturnal Animals’ Adds…
- ‘Brooklyn’s Saoirse Ronan On Choosing Irish Role “Carefully”; Chantal Akerman Screenings – New York…
- Starz Sinks Its Teeth Into Jason Bateman Film ‘The Family Fang’