Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Sam Mendes: “I Think It's Time For Somebody Else” To Direct Bond
- Dwayne Johnson Teases Furious Future With First In-Character Pic From ‘Fast 8’
- Jeff Bridges Infiltrates ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’
- ‘Equals’ Director Drake Doremus On Film’s Love Story, Locations & Audience Response
- ‘Warcraft’ Builds $16.3M Overseas War Chest Through Friday – Intl B.O. Update
- ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Release Moved To 2018 As Dylan O’Brien Recovers