Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $26.5M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Saturday AM
Latest Film News
- Media Groups Support Mark Boal's Refusal To Turn Over Bergdahl Tapes to Military Prosecutors
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Nails Biggest Opening Day For Franchise – Int’l Box Office
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Targets $60M+; ‘Bad Moms’ Gets Sassy With $26.5M; ‘Nerve’ Holds Steady – Box Office Saturday…
- Actress Constance Wu Slams ‘The Great Wall’ Trailer As Whitewashing
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Anna Gunn Talks Starring In ‘Equity’, Working With Clint Eastwood & Rumors Of ‘Breaking Bad’ And ‘Deadwood…