Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Cecilia Vega & Tom Llamas New ‘ABC World News Tonight’ Weekend Anchors
- John Fairchild, Editor-In-Chief Of Women’s Wear Daily, Dead At 87
- ‘Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson Blames Hippies For STDs In CPAC Speech
- Dominic Pagone Upped To SVP Communications At FX Networks
- Tarak Ben Ammar, Dominique Delport Proposed To Join Vivendi’s Supervisory Board
- Dean Cain, Helen Slater Join ‘Supergirl’ Pilot