Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Star Chin Han To Scale ‘Skyscraper’ With Dwayne Johnson
- Netflix ‘Triple Frontier’ Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
- Potential ‘Citizen Kane’ & ‘Cat People’ TV Series At Heart Of RKO Lawsuit
- Susan Lacy Explains Making Of Her Steven Spielberg Documentary For HBO – TCA
- Tim Burton’s Live-Action ‘Dumbo’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor DeObia Oparei
- ‘UnReal’ Star Caitlin FitzGerald Joins ‘The Man Who Killed Hitler Then The Bigfoot’