Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Kings’ Review: Halle Berry & Daniel Craig Can’t Save Tone-Deaf Movie Set During 1992 L.A. Riots
- Annapurna, Plan B Plot ‘Spotlight’-Like Movie On How NY Times Reporters Broke Harvey Weinstein Sex Scandal Story
- ‘A Quiet Place 2’ Is “In The Works”, Paramount Boss Says – CinemaCon
- Universal And Cher Whet Appetite For Highly Commercial 2018 Slate, Followed By Lunch With Focus – CinemaCon
- Fox Film Boss Stacey Snider On Industry Consolidation Like Disney-Fox: “Just Buckle Up And Take The Ride”…
- ‘Thug’ Acquired By Tucker Tooley For ‘Den Of Thieves’ Christian Gudegast To Direct