Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Nosing Out ‘Pitch Perfect’ For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…