Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
The Force Is Strong With 'The Last Jedi' As Thursday Night Preview Looks To Rack Up $45M+ - Early Estimate
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
Latest Film News
- Martin Ransohoff Dies: Film And TV Producer For Many Hits Was 90
- June Pictures Shakeup: Alex Saks Buys Out Financier Andrew Duncan Amid Allegation Cloud
- The Murdochs Would Become Disney’s Largest Individual Shareholders When Merger Clears
- Clothes Make The Characters In ‘Phantom Thread’ – The Contenders Video
- Oscars: Foreign Language Film Shortlist Cuts Field To Nine; France’s ‘BPM’ Snubbed
- Director Sean Baker On Building ‘The Florida Project’ – The Contenders Video