Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While "Panderer To White Nationalists" He Worked For Still There
Latest Film News
- Alicia Silverstone, Tommy Dewey & Katie Aselton Cast In ‘Book Club’
- Leslie Zemeckis Joins Universal Pictures’ ‘Marwencol’
- SAG-AFTRA Presidential Candidate Peter Antico Has Plan To Reshape Union
- Comedy Dynamics Acquires ‘The Mix,’ ‘Waiting On Mary,’ More Award-Winning Titles…
- Andrew Hotz Moves From Google To Exec VP Digital Marketing At Warner Bros
- ‘Patti Cake$’ Review: A Star Is Born In Hip-Hop Charmer