Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $25M-$26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' Murky; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Late Night B.O. Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest Film News
- ‘Miss Peregrine’ Rules With $25M-$26M; ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Murky; ‘Masterminds’ Dumbs Down – Late Night…
- Funk Legend George Clinton Joins Flying Lotus’ ‘Kuso’; Thomas Q. Jones Locked In ‘Choke Hold’
- ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children’ Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton’s…
- Sarah Carter Scores High In ‘Business Ethics’ As Comedy Rounds Out Cast
- Orion Pictures And Gunpowder & Sky Nab Robert Schwartzman Pic ‘Dreamland’
- New Regency Production President Pam Abdy Exiting