Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Cast Announced: Charo, Chris Kattan, Mr. T & Nancy Kerrigan Will Strut Their Stuff
Latest Film News
- Hiroyuki Sanada Cast In ‘The Catcher Was A Spy’; Talitha Bateman Boards ‘Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda…
- DreamWorks Pictures Makes Good On ‘Bad Cop, Bad Cop’ Spec With Fortune Feimster Attached To Star
- Fox Promotes Keith Feldman To President Of Worldwide Home Entertainment
- Gaumont Sells 34% Stake In Exhibition Business To Pathé For $401M
- ‘War Machine’ Teaser: Brad Pitt Boots Up In Netflix Satire; Release Date Set
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Subject Katherine Johnson Enters Lego Space With Other NASA Women