Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
Julian Fellowes On The End Of 'Downton' And Its Future: "The Crawleys Would Still Be There" - AwardsLine
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Film News
- Watchdog Group Chides Laika & Focus Features For “White-Washing” ‘Kubo And The Two Strings’
- ‘Birth Of A Nation’: AFI Axes Planned Screening & Nate Parker Q&A
- Viacom’s Longtime PR Chief Carl Folta Exits
- AFI Faculty Calls For Dean’s Firing
- Alex Meneses Inks With Untitled; Verne Troyer Teams With Studio71
- DreamWorks Animation’s ‘Croods 2’ Gets Rewrite With Hageman Brothers