Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ben Bradlee Dead At 93, Washington Post Editor During Watergate Era — Update
- 'American Dad!' Moves to TBS; 2.5 Million Follow
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Tackles Sports And Domestic Violence
- 'Z Nation' Renewed For Second Season On Syfy
- Warner Bros Shifts 'San Andreas' Release To May 29
- CBS To Launch Classic TV Digital Channel