Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been cast opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, the horror film that Guillermo del Toro is producing for Universal. Coster-Waldau, who currently plays Jamie Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones and is in Toronto for his film Headhunters, will play twins — a father and uncle to a pair of young girls who are haunted by a ghostly woman that could be their mother. Chastain already had been cast as the female lead of the movie, which is based on a 2008 short film by Spain’s Andres Muschietti, who is also directing the feature. Coster Waldau is repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau Lands Male Lead In Universal's 'Mama'
What's Hot on Deadline
Heart Disease Expert In Sundance Docu 'The Game Changers' Begs To Differ With White House Doctor Over Donald Trump's Health
Latest Film News
- Heart Disease Expert In Sundance Docu ‘The Game Changers’ Begs To Differ With White House Doctor Over Donald…
- Allison Shearmur Dies: Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer Was 54
- Makeready Wins Auction For James Frey Novel ‘Katerina’ As Simon & Schuster Imprint Scout Press Wins…
- Weinstein Company Pulls ‘War With Grandpa’, ‘The Upside’ & ‘Mary Magdalene’ Off…
- Dorothy Malone Dies: Oscar Winner, ‘Peyton Place’ Star Was 92
- VR Has Its Pixar Moment With Adaptation Of Neil Gaiman’s ‘Wolves In The Walls’ As Part Of Sundance Slate