Former boy band fixture Nick Jonas has been tapped to replace Daniel Radcliffe as J Pierrepont Finch in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Radcliffe ends his run Jan. 1, and Darren Criss handles the role until Jonas begins Jan. 24 through July 1. Radcliffe, who took the stage after completing his Harry Potter series, worked his tail off onstage, handled all the dancing and singing, and turned out to be a box office draw even if he didn’t get a Tony nomination. The question is whether Jonas can do the same, though we know he can sing. Jonas, best known for being one of the Jonas Brothers, has a long resume of stage appearances including playing Link Larkin opposite Harvey Fierstein and Marissa Jaret Winokur in the Hollywood Bowl production of Hairspray.
Nick Jonas Replacing Daniel Radcliffe In 'How To Succeed In Business'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Ben-Hur' Remake: 'Boardwalk Empire's Jack Huston Lands Title Role
- Toronto: Andrew Garfield-Michael Shannon Starrer '99 Homes' Sells To Broad Green Pictures In $3 Million Deal
- 'Skull Island:' Tom Hiddleston Stars In King Kong Origin Tale
- Skydance Productions Names Larry Wasserman CFO
- Universal Reuniting Matt Damon & Paul Greengrass For Another Jason Bourne Film
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War