Former boy band fixture Nick Jonas has been tapped to replace Daniel Radcliffe as J Pierrepont Finch in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Radcliffe ends his run Jan. 1, and Darren Criss handles the role until Jonas begins Jan. 24 through July 1. Radcliffe, who took the stage after completing his Harry Potter series, worked his tail off onstage, handled all the dancing and singing, and turned out to be a box office draw even if he didn’t get a Tony nomination. The question is whether Jonas can do the same, though we know he can sing. Jonas, best known for being one of the Jonas Brothers, has a long resume of stage appearances including playing Link Larkin opposite Harvey Fierstein and Marissa Jaret Winokur in the Hollywood Bowl production of Hairspray.
Nick Jonas Replacing Daniel Radcliffe In 'How To Succeed In Business'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Variety Claims Exclusive On Day-Old Deadline Scoop On Sony's 'The Interview'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation