October Films co-founder Jeff Lipsky and former exhibitor Tim Grady have started an indie distribution company, called Adopt Films. The pair will hit the Toronto Film Festival this week to announce their first pickup, Marie Losier’s The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye. The documentary is headed for a first-quarter release in the U.S. New York-based Adopt has its eye on narrative indies and foreign-language films as well. Lipsky, who began his distribution career with A Woman Under the Influence, said Adopt is emulating the path forged by early October releases including Mike Leigh’s Life Is Sweet, Gregg Araki’s The Living End, Bill Plympton’s The Tune and Adam’s Rib. Losier’s first feature chronicles the love affair between Brit Genesis Breyer P-Orridge — the founder of industrial bands COUM Transmissions, Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV — and New York performance artist Lady Jaye. The film had its world premiere at the Berlin Film Festival this year. Lipsky also is a filmmaker and a former executive at New Yorker Films, Samuel Goldwyn Films, and Skouras Pictures, and Grady has been executive producer and exclusive home video rights holder to the Tour de France for North America and the UK for 23 years.
New Indie Distributor Adopt Films Acquires Doc 'The Ballad Of Genesis And Lady Jaye'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $20M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.8M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars’: Ron Howard Shares “Dangerous And Desperate” Photos From Han Solo Movie Set
- Fran Drescher & Peter Bogdanovich Join ‘The Creatress’; Tilda Del Toro Boards ‘Night School’; Jaden Piner Cast In ‘BOO…
- Greta Gerwig’s ‘Lady Bird’ Going A Week Earlier In November
- Rob Morrow Joins War Drama ‘The Kill Team’
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’: Aaron McCusker Cast As Freddie Mercury Boyfriend Jim Hutton
- Elaine Brown’s ‘A Taste Of Power’ About Only Woman To Lead Black Panther Party Acquired By The Firm…