October Films co-founder Jeff Lipsky and former exhibitor Tim Grady have started an indie distribution company, called Adopt Films. The pair will hit the Toronto Film Festival this week to announce their first pickup, Marie Losier’s The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye. The documentary is headed for a first-quarter release in the U.S. New York-based Adopt has its eye on narrative indies and foreign-language films as well. Lipsky, who began his distribution career with A Woman Under the Influence, said Adopt is emulating the path forged by early October releases including Mike Leigh’s Life Is Sweet, Gregg Araki’s The Living End, Bill Plympton’s The Tune and Adam’s Rib. Losier’s first feature chronicles the love affair between Brit Genesis Breyer P-Orridge — the founder of industrial bands COUM Transmissions, Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV — and New York performance artist Lady Jaye. The film had its world premiere at the Berlin Film Festival this year. Lipsky also is a filmmaker and a former executive at New Yorker Films, Samuel Goldwyn Films, and Skouras Pictures, and Grady has been executive producer and exclusive home video rights holder to the Tour de France for North America and the UK for 23 years.
New Indie Distributor Adopt Films Acquires Doc 'The Ballad Of Genesis And Lady Jaye'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest Film News
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight Rider’ Incident
- China’s Wild New Year: ‘Detective Chinatown 2’ Crosses $300M, Eclipses ‘Monster Hunt 2’; ‘Operation Red Sea…
- Million Dollar Screenplay Competition For College Students Launching In March
- Hollywood, Beltway Send Support & Awe To Florida Student Protesters: “You’ve Shaken Up The Nation”
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Trevor Noah’s Memoir
- Cinedigm Acquires Eric Stoltz-Helmed ‘Class Rank’ For May Release