October Films co-founder Jeff Lipsky and former exhibitor Tim Grady have started an indie distribution company, called Adopt Films. The pair will hit the Toronto Film Festival this week to announce their first pickup, Marie Losier’s The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye. The documentary is headed for a first-quarter release in the U.S. New York-based Adopt has its eye on narrative indies and foreign-language films as well. Lipsky, who began his distribution career with A Woman Under the Influence, said Adopt is emulating the path forged by early October releases including Mike Leigh’s Life Is Sweet, Gregg Araki’s The Living End, Bill Plympton’s The Tune and Adam’s Rib. Losier’s first feature chronicles the love affair between Brit Genesis Breyer P-Orridge — the founder of industrial bands COUM Transmissions, Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV — and New York performance artist Lady Jaye. The film had its world premiere at the Berlin Film Festival this year. Lipsky also is a filmmaker and a former executive at New Yorker Films, Samuel Goldwyn Films, and Skouras Pictures, and Grady has been executive producer and exclusive home video rights holder to the Tour de France for North America and the UK for 23 years.
New Indie Distributor Adopt Films Acquires Doc 'The Ballad Of Genesis And Lady Jaye'
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- ‘Psychopaths’ Helmer Mickey Keating On His Altman-esque Approach To Horror — Tribeca Studio
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- ‘Dog Years’: Adam Rifkin Was Only Going To Make His Latest Movie With Burt Reynolds In The Lead Role…