When Showtime renegotiated its deal with Netflix earlier this year, the network made its current original series unavailable to the online streaming service. “With all the options out there, we want to be sure people know they have to subscribe to see Dexter or The Borgias,” Showtime CEO Matt Blank said at the time. Well, there will be a Borgias series available on Netflix soon. The company has acquired North American rights to a rival, European-produced series about the medieval Italian dynasty. Titled Borgia, the $30 million drama, which already airs in European markets, hails from Homicide and Oz alum Tom Fontana, with John Doman starring and Atlantique Prods, EOS Entertainment, Canal Plus and Etic Film producing in association with ZDF and ORF. The Showtime Borgias series, from DreamWorks TV, was created by Neil Jordan and stars Jeremy Irons. Netflix is currently in pre-production on its first original series, the David Fincher/Kevin Spacey drama House of Cards, produced by MRC.
Netflix Gets Borgia Drama Series After All
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks