The Hollywood Foreign Press Association and Dick Clark Prods are still battling legally for control over the Golden Globes and still awaiting trial. But the two sides have buried the hatchet temporarily to collaborate on the upcoming 69th annual Golden Globe Awards. The three parties made the announcement today. Despite the fact that HFPA calls DCP’s new Golden Globes deal with NBC that starts in 2012 invalid as it violates their agreement, NBC will carry the awards Jan. 15 as planned. Dick Clark Prods. will produce the awards telecast and a live pre-show with the HFPA. “The parties are pleased to have reached an agreement relating to the 2012 Golden Globe Awards, while preserving their respective positions,” DCP and HFPA said in a joint statement. HFPA’s suit against DCP was set to go to trial Sept. 6, but was postponed for a month because of an illness of Judge Valerie Baker Fairbank who was to hear the case.
NBC Will Carry 69th Golden Globe Awards With Dick Clark Prods Producing
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest Awardsline News
- James L. Brooks To Receive WGA West’s Laurel Award For Screenwriting
- USC Scripter Awards Nominations: Ties Make For Loaded Flim & TV Field
- VES Awards Nominations: ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Latest ‘Apes’ Lead Film; ‘Thrones’ Rules All With…
- NAACP Image Awards Complete Winners List: ‘black-ish’, ‘Girls Trip’, Ava DuVernay Among Honorees
- NAACP Image Awards: Jordan Peele,Tiffany Haddish, Idris Elba Among Winners In Non-Televised Categories
- 29th Palm Springs Int’l Film Fest Names ‘Félicité’ As Best Foreign Language Film