It worked big time for the premiere of Fox’s comedy New Girl, and NBC will now stream the second episodes of its promising new comedies Up All Night and Whitney in their entirety before they air. NBC has struck a deal with Yahoo to have the Wednesday episode of Up All Night and the Thursday episode of Whitney streamed and promoted on Yahoo’s site starting tomorrow morning. Following a 2-week stint of having the pilot of New Girl pilot available on iTunes, VOD, airplanes, Hulu and in hotels, the Fox comedy blew past any ratings projections to open with a 4.8/12 in adults 18-49 and 10.3 million viewers last week. The Yahoo deal does not include NBC’s third new comedy, Free Agents, which appears headed to a quick cancellation.
NBC To Stream 'Up All Night' And 'Whitney' Episodes On Yahoo Before Original Airings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- Chuck Schumer Demands House Dump Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes After White House Deflects Questions
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Draws Nearly 1M Viewers In VH1 Debut
- OWN Sets Docuseries ‘Released’ & ‘Checking Inn’ For Saturday Nights This Fall
- Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine’s Show Only Because He Is Fan, “Plain And Simple”
- ‘Arrow’: Katie Cassidy To Return As Black Siren, Will Be Regular In Season 6
- NFL Approves Raiders Move To Las Vegas For 2019 Season