Mark Lazarus has bolstered his executive team at NBC Sports Group, hiring former ESPN executive Rob Simmelkjaer at SVP of NBC Sports Ventures, a unit that comprises NBC-owned businesses like the Alliance of Action Sports, the American Century Golf Championship, the ADT Golf Skills Challenge, the Heads Up Poker Championship and the National Dog Show. Simmelkjaer also will lead international business development at the sports group — drawing on his experience managing ESPN/Disney’s Olympics relationship as ESPN’s VP International Development and Corporate Projects — and he will also oversee its stake in Universal Sports. He reports to Gary Zenkel, president of NBC Olympics and EVP Strategic Partnerships at NBC Sports Group. Meanwhile, Lazarus also promoted Earl Marshall to CFO; he had been CFO of the NBC Sports Cable Group. He will have oversight of the NBC Sports Group consisting of NBC Sports, Olympics, Versus, Golf Channel, the 11 regional sports networks and digital assets and report to Lazarus.
NBC Sports Group Adds Exec, CFO
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest TV News
- Obama Derides Donald Trump In ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Visit
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek