Mark Lazarus has bolstered his executive team at NBC Sports Group, hiring former ESPN executive Rob Simmelkjaer at SVP of NBC Sports Ventures, a unit that comprises NBC-owned businesses like the Alliance of Action Sports, the American Century Golf Championship, the ADT Golf Skills Challenge, the Heads Up Poker Championship and the National Dog Show. Simmelkjaer also will lead international business development at the sports group — drawing on his experience managing ESPN/Disney’s Olympics relationship as ESPN’s VP International Development and Corporate Projects — and he will also oversee its stake in Universal Sports. He reports to Gary Zenkel, president of NBC Olympics and EVP Strategic Partnerships at NBC Sports Group. Meanwhile, Lazarus also promoted Earl Marshall to CFO; he had been CFO of the NBC Sports Cable Group. He will have oversight of the NBC Sports Group consisting of NBC Sports, Olympics, Versus, Golf Channel, the 11 regional sports networks and digital assets and report to Lazarus.
NBC Sports Group Adds Exec, CFO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash