EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that NBC is finalizing a deal for an off-cycle pilot order to single-camera comedy Save Me. The order to the project, from writer John Scott Shepherd, Sony Pictures TV and Neal Morirz’s studio-based Original Films banner, is cast-contingent. Save Me centers on a woman who, after an accident, starts to believe that she is channeling God. The project was originally developed at Showtime. Shepherd is executive producing with Original Films’ Moritz and Vivian Cannon as well as Scott Winant (Californication). Shepherd, whose credits include the features Joe Somebody and Life or Something Like It and the ABC series The Days, wrote the 2009 ABC drama pilot See Kate Run. This is the second project to get a pilot order by NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt after being originally developed at Showtime. The first was Smash, which Greenblatt first shepherded at the pay cable network during his stint there. At NBC, the musical drama was eventually picked up to series and is slated for a midseason launch behind reality hit The Voice. Additionally, Greenblatt and Sony/Original Film worked together on the Showtime comedy series The Big C. This is the second off-cycle pilot order so far this season, following ABC’s deal for The Manzanis, a multi-camera family comedy written by sitcom veterans Marco Pennette and Dave Flebotte, which has Kirstie Alley attached to star.
NBC Nears Cast-Contingent Pilot Order To John Scott Shepherd/Neal Moritz Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’: Michael Emerson Set To Recur In Season 4
- Rob Lowe Talks Hollow Moon, Ghost Sensing Gadgets, ‘The Lowe Files’ – TCA
- ‘Phelps Vs Shark’ Breaks Shark Week Ratings Record For Discovery
- HBO’s ‘All Def Comedy’ To Return As Series In December
- Anthony Scaramucci’s Politicon Participation Now Not Even Remotely Likely
- Lifetime Greenlights Simone Biles Biopic, Sets Fall Movie Premiere Dates – TCA