This is a title that will get attention: NBC has bought comedy pitch My Best Friend Is A Lesbo. The project, from Warner Bros TV and Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s studio-based Fake Empire, is about two best female friends — one straight, the other gay — who become roommates and help each other navigate life, love, and dating in Los Angeles. The semi-autobiographical comedy is based on the real-life friendship of writers and longtime roommates Sascha Rothchild and Randi Barnes, who will co-pen the script together. This is a rare paring of the two, who are not a writing team. They will co-executive produce My Best Friend Is a Lesbo, with Fake Empire’s Schwartz, Savage and Len Goldstein executive producing. If the project goes to series, its provocative title will probably be toned down the way ABC’s Good Christian Bitches became Good Christian Belles and The Bitch At Apt. 23 was shortened to Apartment 23. WME-repped Rothchild recently sold her feature pitch Who Invited Her to DreamWorks with Reese Witherspoon attached to star, and she is writing How To be Divorced By 30 for Universal and producer Marc Platt based on her book. Barnes co-wrote the upcoming animated feature Dorothy of Oz starring Lea Michele. Rothchild and Barnes are managed by Apostle. This is the first sale this season for WME-repped Fake Empire, which has two shows on the air — veterans Chuck and Gossip Girl — and the upcoming Hart of Dixie.
NBC Developing 'Lesbo' Comedy About Gay And Straight Female Best Friends
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'