Artina Films has set Nathan Lane to join Julianne Moore and Greg Kinnear in The English Teacher, a comedy that marks the feature directing debut of Craig Zisk, whose credits include The Big C, Nurse Jackie and Weeds. The Dan and Stacy Chariton-scripted comedy is the story of a beloved high school English teacher whose repressed personal life is a start contrast to the passion she exudes in the classroom. Her carefully constructed facade crumbles when a former student, who failed as a playwright in New York, returns and she convinces him to mount his unproduced play at the high school. Lane plays the high school drama teacher. Artina Films is in postproduction on the Richard Gere/Susan Sarandon-starrer Arbitrage and they’ve been hitting the festival circuit with the Tilda Swinton-starrer We Need to Talk About Kevin. The English Teacher is produced by Naomi Despres, Robert Salerno, Matthew Chausse and Ben LeClair. Inferno Entertainment is selling overseas territories. Lane, who’s repped by ICM and Anonymous Content, stars with Julia Roberts, Lily Collins and Armie Hammer in Relativity Media’s Tarsem Singh-directed untitled Snow White project, and he’s executive producing and in negotiations to star in a USA Network half-hour comedy pilot that was greenlighted Tuesday. The Charitons are also repped by ICM.
Nathan Lane, Julianne Moore And Greg Kinnear In 'The English Teacher'
What's Hot on Deadline
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'The Glass Castle' Review: Woody Harrelson Delivers Career-Best Performance In Touching True Family Story
Latest Film News
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?