Artina Films has set Nathan Lane to join Julianne Moore and Greg Kinnear in The English Teacher, a comedy that marks the feature directing debut of Craig Zisk, whose credits include The Big C, Nurse Jackie and Weeds. The Dan and Stacy Chariton-scripted comedy is the story of a beloved high school English teacher whose repressed personal life is a start contrast to the passion she exudes in the classroom. Her carefully constructed facade crumbles when a former student, who failed as a playwright in New York, returns and she convinces him to mount his unproduced play at the high school. Lane plays the high school drama teacher. Artina Films is in postproduction on the Richard Gere/Susan Sarandon-starrer Arbitrage and they’ve been hitting the festival circuit with the Tilda Swinton-starrer We Need to Talk About Kevin. The English Teacher is produced by Naomi Despres, Robert Salerno, Matthew Chausse and Ben LeClair. Inferno Entertainment is selling overseas territories. Lane, who’s repped by ICM and Anonymous Content, stars with Julia Roberts, Lily Collins and Armie Hammer in Relativity Media’s Tarsem Singh-directed untitled Snow White project, and he’s executive producing and in negotiations to star in a USA Network half-hour comedy pilot that was greenlighted Tuesday. The Charitons are also repped by ICM.
Nathan Lane, Julianne Moore And Greg Kinnear In 'The English Teacher'
What's Hot on Deadline
Samantha Geimer, Victim In Roman Polanski Sex Case, Strongly Defends Him Inside And Outside Of Court
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- How Harvey Weinstein Used NDAs And Personal Bank Accounts To Silence Accusers: Report
- China Box Office Tops $7.5B Milestone; Admissions Up 15% So Far In 2017
- Natasha Henstridge, Tamer Hassan & Lady Clara Paget Team For UK Horror Feature
- PGA Awards Unveil Documentary Feature Nominees
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Final
- ‘Coco’ Review: Pixar Does It Again With Dazzling New Toon