EXCLUSIVE: I hear that MTV is considering doubling its second-season order to Teen Wolf. In July, MTV renewed the supernatural drama, inspired by the 1985 movie, for a second season with a 12-episode pickup. Now I’ve learned that there are discussions to expand the order to 24 episodes, which would be filmed back-to-back with a short hiatus between them. The teen-skewing werewolf show starring Tyler Posey, Crystal Reed and Dylan O’Brien was MTV’s highest-rated new series this season until breakout hit Awkward came along. It averaged about 1.7 million viewers on Mondays at 10 PM. Creator Jeff Davis, Marty Adelstein, Michael Thorn, René Echevarria, Tony DiSanto and Liz Gateley executive produce.
MTV Eyes Doubling 'Teen Wolf' Order To 24 Episodes
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop “Blood Bath”…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night