I’m pleased to see that the Motion Picture Association of America finally recognized it’s got a big PR problem. Rarely have I encountered flacks as inept and arrogant as Elizabeth Kaltman (who left the MPAA in late July for Walt Disney Studios, where I will make sure never to work with her) and her boss Howard Gantman, the MPAA’s VP Corporate Communications. Now Gantman will have a boss: He will be reporting to fresh hire Laura Nichols, now EVP Global Communications, as part of a new organizational structure. She has extensive experience in both the private and public sectors. Nichols will oversee all international and domestic communications, media relations, new media development and special events. Nichols previously served as Senior Fellow and Senior Vice President for Communications and Strategies at the Center for American Progress, a leading Washington, DC think tank. As one of the original architects of CAP, she contributed to building the institution and leading its strategic planning since its founding in 2003. Before joining CAP, Nichols was SVP Corporate Communications at Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). She previously was an adviser, strategist and spokesperson for House Democratic Leader Richard Gephardt, and served as Press Secretary to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and former US House Rep. Vic Fazio (D-CA). I wish her well.
MPAA Shake-UP: Revamps Internal PR Staff
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International Box…
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It — Tribeca…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’ – Tribeca Studio
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball — Tribeca…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…